C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

venting, plus good news

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 07:47 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default venting, plus good news

I found more pimples in my paint on the dam* hood. :cuss

Ah yes, and when I had my drivers side wheel off, doing my power steering mess, I notice the paint over the drivers side wheel well is cracked. :cuss Oddly enough this is the same place that cracked when the car was black, and I was assured it would be fixed.

And the paint on the same side is starting to pit a little.

On the bright side, I know this will all be fixed next year, dispite what you guys tell me. So Im not really worried about it. I'd rather it all show up now, instead of showing up when I'm away at college and I cannot get the car back here to be repaired. And it will be repaired for free, it was in the deal when I had the car painted. The down side is, I'll be looking at another week or two of not seeing my car while he fixes the problems, this will be in late january early febuary.

Now for the good news. I looked into my power steering problem today. I was going to rebuild my front end, but I don't have the $$ to buy the bushing kit, and it seems no one around here is hiring(even burger king is "full"). Go figure :rolleyes: . Anyway, I found the culprite, an exploded hose. It looks like preasure built up and poped the hose where it had been rubbing on the chassis(I guess)...I don't understand why, but whatever, I got a replacement for $10 and tomarrow I'll be good to go. Then Im going to go up to the body shop and show him the new spots that have apeared.

Thanks for listening to my ranting.

Daniel
Old 12-16-2001, 08:20 PM
Chris@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: venting, plus good news (daniel77350)

How bad is the part on the hood? Noticable, or only to you?
Old 12-16-2001, 08:29 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: venting, plus good news (Rhys)

looks like tiny drops of water...but you have to be semi-close. I dunno, its mostly noticable to me. Everyone else just sees blue and compliments me on how cool the color is. I am the one that notices all the problems. I think it can be sanded and buffed out. But the crack on the fender will need more work, like sand repair, prime, paint...I just hope they can match it up right.

Daniel

Get notified of new replies

To venting, plus good news

Quick Reply: venting, plus good news