C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good day?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 07:43 PM
rickc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good day?

Yesterday I woke up with a gazillion things to do around the house. The sun came out and the day was beautiful. I decided that before my days work started, I would check in on the forum and then on the vette. Wow, the day was really looking good. Yes, a good work day. After 2 hours on the forum, I mentioned to the wife that we should take the vette for a little drive before the hard days work that was to come. Did I mention how nice the weather was? I remembered hearing on the radio that the ZO6 olympic corvette was being shown at a Chevy dealer in a town about 20 miles away. 20 miles = 20 minutes up and 20 minutes back, a nice little drive and then I would be motivated to work on all my projects. On the way, heads were turning and people were waving. I felt like I was in a 1 car parade. If I only had candy to toss out. Got to the dealership and drooled over the ZO6. It has signatures of a bunch of athletes on the trunk and back glass. It was in the showroom and they even had a torch you could hold while getting your picture taken by the ZO6. Unfortunately, it was so bright inside the showroom from of all the sun outside (yes it was sunny), my digital pictures turned out poopoo. The ZO6 is a sweet car. I couldn't talk them in to a test drive. Decided to leave and get back to what was left of the work day that I was determined to salvage. We took a different route back home because it was a better drive on such a nice day. I noticed a slight pull in the car to the right side about half way home. It got stronger and I realized I couldn't resist the pull so I turned right and noticed I was at the ice cream stand. What is it with Vettes and ice cream stands? Finally made it back home and finished the remaining pics in the camera on the Vette, along with 24 pics from another camera. It was twilight and I was told this was a great time to photograph the car. After the pics it was time to put the Vette to bed. As the garage door closed I realized that I had accomplished none of my planned odd jobs. The Vette had consumed my day.
All in all, I'd say it was a great day!!

Quick Reply: Good day?