C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grrr...must resist urge to hurt someone that hurt my baby...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 05:32 PM
rainman69
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Grrr...must resist urge to hurt someone that hurt my baby...

Some sorry jerk opened his driver side door INTO the passenger side of my car!!! :mad :mad :mad He hit my car so hard that it knocked paint off in 2 places and left 4-5 scrape marks in his paint color. :eek: This is all just behind my passenger side Stingray emblem right along the body line. I have digital pictures on my friend's camera, and as soon as he emails them to me, I'll post them.

I just wanna go kick someone in a rather uncomfortable place and then make them pay to have my car fixed. Luckily, it doesn't appear that there is any damage to the fiberglass. :smash:
Old 12-16-2001, 05:33 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Grrr...must resist urge to hurt someone that hurt my baby... (rainman69)

someone did that to me the day after i got done painting the car the first time but cradked the fiberglass on my door...
Old 12-16-2001, 05:34 PM
daily_driver
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Grrr...must resist urge to hurt someone that hurt my baby... (pats406nitrovette)

cracked the fiber glass on the door???

holy @#@#@#!!!

what kinda cow opens a door like that??

:mad :mad

[Modified by daily_driver, 4:35 PM 12/16/2001]
Old 12-16-2001, 05:42 PM
427V8
C6 the C5 of tomorrow
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Grrr...must resist urge to hurt someone that hurt my baby... (daily_driver)

Man you'd think people would at least pretend to care...
Old 12-16-2001, 05:57 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Grrr...must resist urge to hurt someone that hurt my baby... (rainman69)

That sux that is why I park far away from folks!!
Old 12-16-2001, 05:59 PM
QuickVet
Race Director

Default Re: Grrr...must resist urge to hurt someone that hurt my baby... (Alwyn678)

:mad
Old 12-16-2001, 06:01 PM
454Big
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Grrr...must resist urge to hurt someone that hurt my baby... (427V8)

Guess what happened to me on friday:

I was at the gas station and had a van in front of me peeking in the driving lane.
Suddenly he moved to reverse and smashed his trailer hook in to my front nose clip.
I was in my Firebird, so its not as tragic as the Vette - but the guy was from Poland and just when the police arrived the forgot all his german knowledge...... :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad
Looks like I will have the trouble on my own again - man this makes me wild!!!

Sometimes I like Texas: I remember a pic of 67heaven "here we don´t dial 911" (shows a rope and a tree..... :eek: :D :smash: :yesnod:
Old 12-16-2001, 11:09 PM
rainman69
Drifting

:mad :mad :mad

Old 12-17-2001, 12:48 AM
ReydeSol774bbl
Burning Brakes

Really, how hard is it NOT to open a door into someone else's car???

Stuff like that really boils my blood.
Old 12-17-2001, 01:02 AM
JerryM
Racer

Default Re: Grrr...must resist urge to hurt someone that hurt my baby... (ReydeSol774bbl)

See..

All that money you paid for anger management classes paid off!

Old 12-17-2001, 01:21 AM
SuperFast80
Race Director

Default Re: Grrr...must resist urge to hurt someone that hurt my baby... (JerryM)

My MOTHER did that to my '80 with her Buick. :crazy: :crazy: Can't beat up your mom though. :nono:
Old 12-17-2001, 02:18 AM
ScubaJKD
Burning Brakes

Brother that really sucks, I am so sorry. By the way dont think parking far away will save you either. 2nd week I had my C5 parked far away at the shopping center. A kid managed to back up out of his space in a jacked up 4x4 drive backwards for 4 parking spaces turn sharp and crush the front of my C5 with his trailer hitch. I watched it all occur in slow motion as I ran to my vette from the store. Of course no insurance. Good thing his rap music was blarring so loud he could not hear me because I would have taught him another language. Come to think of it he would not even get out of the truck. Guess I had pretty bad body language :yesnod: hang in there buddy I am sure you will have her back to normal in no time. :seeya
Old 12-17-2001, 02:28 AM
Turbo-Jet
Melting Slicks

did you get their plate#? hope so. these things **** me off! :mad

Old 12-17-2001, 03:47 AM
rainman69
Drifting

Default Re: Grrr...must resist urge to hurt someone that hurt my baby... (Turbo-Jet)

I have the plate number of the suspected car. I'm going out there tomorrow with a ruler to measure how high up the door is (and the little chip of missing paint on that door, amazing though that the car is spotless otherwise) compared to the chunks out of my paint job.

You know the part that really chaps my ... is that I will most likely do the paint touch-up myself, as the paint isn't that great...but I would have liked to at least have a note on my car. You know?

My paint isn't the greatest, but you can see the damage from over 25 feet away!! :mad Anyone recognize the metalflake color that is on my car so I can match it? :smash:
Old 12-17-2001, 07:58 AM
MARKUS_P
Burning Brakes

Ohh no, that really sucks :eek:
All this stories make me thinking.....
I´ll always have an eye on my vette, can´t imagine how I´d react if that happens to me :mad
I remember two years ago a young guy in his camaro wanted to show off at a local car meeting doing a power turn and crashed his camero into somebodies oldtimer..... First I thought the owner of the oldtimer would kill him......
It´s really a shame how fast things can be destroyed compared to how long it took to make them look like new.
It´s a shame
Old 12-17-2001, 08:49 AM
Ganey
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

This might make some of you feel better.
Years ago a friend of mine had one of his Hot Rods painted w/ expensive show car type paint job. He went to a place & parked way out by himself. When he came back some fool had parked next to it. He checked the side & there was a scratch :mad , he then opened the door of moron's car :nopity to make sure it matched :mad before ....

Then he totally destroyed the entire :smash: car including the ripping the interior up. He said there was a couple making out that quit, watched :eek: :eek: the whole thing & were really laughing :D :lol: when he did the interior.

:cheers:
Old 12-17-2001, 10:16 AM
SuperFast80
Race Director

I'm going out there tomorrow with a ruler to measure how high up the door is (and the little chip of missing paint on that door, amazing though that the car is spotless otherwise) compared to the chunks out of my paint job.
Make sure you take into account that if the guy was in the car when he hit yours, the door will be 1-2 inches lower than where it would be if the car was empty.

Happened to a friend with a black 99 and he let her go b/c it didn't line up and he didn't think about the extra inch or two. Never saw her again. :mad

Get notified of new replies

To Grrr...must resist urge to hurt someone that hurt my baby...

Old 12-17-2001, 12:54 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Grrr...must resist urge to hurt someone that hurt my baby... (daily_driver)

cracked the fiber glass on the door??? holy @#@#@#!!! what kinda cow opens a door like that?? :mad :mad
EXACTLY... :cuss Excessivly Overweight and eldely people are the worst offenders to this "open door all the way to exit" syndrome. Nothing frosts my AZZ more than this. Too many cars I have owned end up chipped and dented from MORONS IN PARKING LOTS. I now park way out in the lot to try and avoid these idiots. :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad
Old 12-17-2001, 12:56 PM
SteveG75
Le Mans Master

Received 521 Likes on 351 Posts

My favorite is the "it's just an old car, why do you care" excuse.

:mad :mad :mad :mad :mad
Old 12-17-2001, 01:21 PM
ZiVvmO
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Grrr...must resist urge to hurt someone that hurt my baby... (SteveG75)

sad thing is that some people actually do it on purpose just to **** off people who have nice cars. you would be amazed how many little things are on the doors of my dad's jag. we didnt have the car for 6 months and people have dents in the doors and what have you. its just unbelievable that people cant respect someone else's property.
sorry to hear about the door. and another thing you need to think of about the paint left on the car, could it be from one of those little "chrome" (plastic) door liners that some cars have on the edge of their doors, cuz that grey color looks like it could be form one of those.

Quick Reply: Grrr...must resist urge to hurt someone that hurt my baby...