C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What could be wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 02:55 PM
bandy123
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What could be wrong?

I bought a Corvette yesturday and it is running bad it its a 82 with the TBI on it when its running (it running bad) I took the breathers off of it and the fuel comes out in pulses not a steady stream. i have change the plugs, plug wires distributor cap and coil.set the timing. what could be wrong?
HELP :mad :cuss :sad: :nonod:
Old 12-16-2001, 03:06 PM
bence13_33
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Re: What could be wrong? (bandy123)

Could be a bad fuel pump.

You may want to clean out your throttle body too. Maybe it's gummed up and not allowing the fuel to flow properly.

[Modified by bence13_33, 1:09 PM 12/16/2001]
Old 12-16-2001, 03:10 PM
ScubaJKD
Burning Brakes

Welcome to the forum. Describe running badly. What exactly is she or is she not doing and when. There are alot of very knowledgeable guys on this forum that I am sure will be able to help you diagnose it. :seeya
Old 12-16-2001, 04:12 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

frist thing I would do is run some cleaner through it, the best in my opinion is Berryman B-12 chemtool.
Old 12-17-2001, 11:34 AM
bandy123
Instructor

Default Re: What could be wrong?

I took the breathers off of it and the fuel comes out in pulses not a steady stream. Icleaned the injectors new filter and strainer I have change the plugs, plug wires distributor cap and coil.set the timing. i put a meter on the injector wir and the light come on and went right back off the guys at th parts store said it would stay on if it get the right sign to it.what could be wrong? Where the Fuel Pressure Regulator is on a 82? I have looked in the book but no luck. I changed the plugs, plug wires distributor cap and coil.set the timing. I talk to a guy he said to rebiuld the Fuel Pressure Regulator. I ordered the kit but when i went to look for the Fuel Pressure Regulator i ould find it. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2001, 10:08 PM
79er
Racer

How long had the car set before you bought it? Before going through the work of rebuilding the fuel regulator try a can of fuel system cleaner. If the car has set for some time there is probably some gunk build up in the fuel system. This is something easy and inexpensive to try first. Also if the car has set away the gas may have gone bad or has build up some water in the tank. As for the location of the fuel regulator I have no clue? You might want to stop at a local Chevy garage and ask them they should have the master service manual somewhere.

Get notified of new replies

To What could be wrong?

Quick Reply: What could be wrong?