Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C6 D3 install (non bose) w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 11:53 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Default C6 D3 install (non bose) w/pics

Did a Pioneer Avic D3 install on a forum members 07 C6 Z51, non bose, non onstar

We used the GMCO harness, the metra dash kit, and a pair of ground loop isolators

The center channel was removed for obvious reasons and the navi antenna was put up there. We did the parking break bypass like normal. The reverse wire was tapped at the fuse in the footwell

Now for the VSS wire alot of people talk about going to the wheel well, the gauge cluster is the way to go.

The whole surround snaps off as seen in this pic then just unhook a few connectors (a pic from a diff c6 stolen from another forum member)

Then you undo 4 bolts and the gauge cluster literally comes out. You can fish your wire right in from the radio area

On the grey plug its the green wire with stripe as seen here (sorry for the blurry pic)

Also an fyi for everyone when tapping illumination wire from the traction or hazard switch, if the climate controls arent plugged in the illumination doesnt work so when you sit there testing it for 25 minutes and then checking for blown fuses cause it doesnt work plug the climate controls back in and it will work lol

apparently only one pic of the car came out
Old 05-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Jimmy 2 Times
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

my 08 with non bose had it in the harness.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:54 PM
ifreefly
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know if the 2005 has teh green/white wire in the stock radio harness like the C5's had? I'm going to be attempting to do this next weekend and my only concern is with the VSS wire.

Non bose/no onstar
Old 05-19-2008, 05:54 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

My understanding is the 08s have it like Jimmy2Times says I have yet to touch an 08

I can tell you first hand that 05/06/07 nonbose DO NOT HAVE IT as I have done a stereo in each of these year cars. Pull the gauge cluster it takes 5 seconds

Get notified of new replies

To C6 D3 install (non bose) w/pics

Quick Reply: C6 D3 install (non bose) w/pics