C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Window Defogger

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 01:53 AM
Roy M
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Window Defogger

My defogger has not been working for a while and thought this would be a good time to work on it but have run into a stone wall. The best that I can tell no wires on the window are broken.
Have been trying to check the switch but the AIM manual my other repair manual does not show the same as what I have or I don't understand it [good possiblity]. The switch has four wires connected to it. Black - which is ground, Pink - power source, have checked this and has 12 volts when key is on,then the two remaining wires go under console and I am assuming [know this is dangerous]go to the grid. The two colors are purple and blue. Checked these two wires with ohm meter and got zero resistance between them. Also, the purple wire has voltage on it when the lever is pressed forward as if sending power to the grid. After this I am lost.
Are these two wires hooked to the grid at the rear. I know that at the top of the window, the grid goes to ground on each side.
Has anyone run into this problem and can give any guidance.
Thanks
Old 12-14-2001, 07:19 AM
Gary79
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Rear Window Defogger (Roy M)

roy, i haven't experienced failure on my defogger(knock on wood),so i haven't worked on it,but i understand there's a timer involved somewhere in this setup and of course the appropriate fuse or fuses,have you checked these?

Quick Reply: Rear Window Defogger