C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another success story...

Old 12-13-2001, 07:33 PM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Another success story...

Tuesday evening I decided to try again to free up the rollers on my doors so I could install new "S" spring. (unless the rollers work, the new springs just pop out of the upper slot when you try to close the doors) They were frozen and I tried several penetrating oils to no avail. I had ran out of my favorite stuff "Kroil" so I used a few others that were lying around. A friend at work had some Kroil so I asked to borrow it. A shot on Monday and a light respray Tuesday and they were free. YAHOO!! Now I installed the new springs per forum tip on C3 door spring installation. Perfect... both doors work fine and my wife won't be able to complain about the door closing on her leg. :blueangel:
Old 12-13-2001, 07:40 PM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: Another success story... (silvervetteman)

A buddy of mine at work swears by PB Blaster. Sounds like the Kroil does the trick also. Is it available at Wally World or Home Depot? My have to get some. The front suspension is coming off sometime soon. This stuff sounds like it would do the trick.
Old 12-13-2001, 07:57 PM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Another success story... (Eddie 96)

I really don't know where to buy it . I got mine direct. http://www.kanolaboratories.com

Get notified of new replies

To Another success story...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another success story...