C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AL KNOCH INTERIORS ROCKS

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 12:44 PM
ScubaJKD
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AL KNOCH StayFast Canvas Soft Top ?

Based upon everyone's recommendation I went online to check them out for the their holiday special vinyl soft top for $140.00 however after talking with the representative we decided that I would be happier with the STAYFAST cloth top. He cut me a holiday special of $325.00 this included the pads, window, wires, and everything I need to replace my old vinyl top that seems to crack a new seem everytime I close it. Not to mention in cold weather it wont even hardly unfold. I am pretty pumped about the STAYFAST cloth top. If anyone has this type of top chime in and let me know if you are happy with it, and think the extra money is worth it. I am all about function and not to concerned with NCRS. Thanks for hooking me up with these guys. They were very professional and helpfull. :seeya

[Modified by ScubaJKD, 3:20 PM 12/14/2001]

[Modified by ScubaJKD, 3:23 PM 12/14/2001]
Old 12-13-2001, 01:02 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Default Re: AL KNOCH INTERIORS ROCKS (ScubaJKD)

never tried it..But I may have to,,,,I just ordered the other though!!
Old 12-13-2001, 03:22 PM
03whitecoupe
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

After reading your thread, I went to his website to check out his interior prices and he seems really high. I can save about 30% on just about everything by ordering from Willcox. I have heard good things about his quality though, which might justify the cost difference.
Old 12-13-2001, 03:36 PM
RayCE
Melting Slicks

Received 98 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Re: AL KNOCH INTERIORS ROCKS (midget)

Al Knoch is the MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
His prices are up there but you get what you pay for. I saw him at Carlisle this past summer. He had run out of Collectore Edition seat(leather on foam). He gave me the Carlisle price, UPS them to my home, and he picked up the delivery charge. My interior looks like it just came off the line, EXCELLENT product. A local Vette restoration shop in my area gets all his interior and tops from him. :smash: :cheers:
Old 12-13-2001, 04:26 PM
454Big
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: AL KNOCH INTERIORS ROCKS (RayCE)

I purchased through Ecklers in Florida and guess what: They also have the Al Knoch tops.
I got a very good price on the whole stuff, tried all other vendors first and ended up with the complete set form Ecklers.
Was a little close in time, but Sharon Beckman of International Sales (yep, I´m German) did a great job and supported me very well.
Thanks and thanks to Al Knoch - the top is outstanding!
It´s bright glacier white and it will look like hell on the tuxedo black 68 Convertible....... :D :D :D
Old 12-13-2001, 07:58 PM
ScubaJKD
Burning Brakes

Default Re: AL KNOCH INTERIORS ROCKS (454Big)

Frank in Germany a man after my own heart. I am diggin your ride. Sure hope some chimes in about the stayfast tops and a pic would be great.
Old 12-13-2001, 08:32 PM
yogi78
Instructor

I put a stayfast canvas on my other car, (not a vette), and was extremely pleased with it. It looks 100% better than a vinyl convertible top and should last a lot longer. Just never leave it down for an extended period of time if it is wet.
Old 12-13-2001, 08:40 PM
ScubaJKD
Burning Brakes

Default Re: AL KNOCH INTERIORS ROCKS (yogi78)

yogi78, thanks buddy I was looking for a little justification and it sounds like it was worth it to go Stayfast. Post some pics if you have any. Thanks
Old 12-14-2001, 01:22 AM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Al's the man, been so for years, got his leather in my midyear, very very nice. :cool:
Old 12-14-2001, 03:36 AM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Default Re: AL KNOCH INTERIORS ROCKS (LT1driver)

How durable is his 100% leather?
I've got 2 year old leather in my car that looks older than some hideous originals I've seen.
-Steve
Old 12-14-2001, 05:05 PM
NCVETTE
Heel & Toe

Default Re: AL KNOCH INTERIORS ROCKS (Pacin'California)

I bought an Al Knoch stayfast top for my 87 at the Corvette expo in Knoxville a couple of years ago. It looks 100 times better than the vinyl. Even though it is not a "correct" top for a C3 I am considering putting one on my 74 when it comes time to replace it. I think it looks more classy than the vinyl, and it feels like it will be more durable.
Old 12-14-2001, 05:19 PM
ScubaJKD
Burning Brakes

Default Re: AL KNOCH INTERIORS ROCKS (NCVETTE)

That is the post I was hoping for. Someone with some real experience with one of these tops. Sounds like I made the right decision for me. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. :seeya

[Modified by ScubaJKD, 3:22 PM 12/14/2001]
Old 02-19-2011, 11:45 AM
74 vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Where are the Smoky Mountain Cruisers? Not Correctly Restored Stingray
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Pics, want pics

Okay, I really want a stayfast top. I'd like some pics and remarks please.

Does lint stick to them? How easy is it to remove lint if it sticks to the top?

Last edited by 74 vert; 02-19-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:25 PM
oldsarge
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Knoch has always been known for their quality products, I agree.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:04 PM
jotto
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 74 vert
Okay, I really want a stayfast top. I'd like some pics and remarks please.

Does lint stick to them? How easy is it to remove lint if it sticks to the top?
Might want to start your own thread asking for pics...this one is 10 years old!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Ironcross
Race Director

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Al Knoch`s Leather

Originally Posted by Shark Racer
How durable is his 100% leather?
I've got 2 year old leather in my car that looks older than some hideous originals I've seen.
-Steve
compared to some other companies providing automotive leather interiors, by weight the 'Al Knoch is much heavier weighing piece by piece......and on durability

the C-1 below interior is 20 years old and the Camaros is well over 10

Old 02-19-2011, 07:51 PM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 546 Likes on 374 Posts

Last June, 2010, to make a long story a little shorter, I spend the entire day at the Pomona Swap Meet with Al Knoch and his merry men (and one lady). I was very impressed. Also, with Al. He was very friendly and was very much an hands on guy. He was very involved with all the work going on. Also, since I had a lot of dead time waiting for things to get done, and Al also was having some slow minutes, we had some good conversations about Corvette restor's and mods. He is a very personable type person, and even though you've never met him before, after a few minutes, you feel like you're talking to someone you've known all your life. l That weekend, I had Al replace the top on my 68 Convertible, and also recover the seats of my 68 and 70 in leather and also build headrests for my 68 with matching factory duplicate moulding. Expensive you bet. Because, I didn't originally plan on all this work,...mainly I wanted my 68 top replaced and the 68 seats recovered, the 70 recover was extra, I was concerned that the bill wasn't going to work with my credit card. When I discussed this...no worry. Al had his people wait a few weeks' before submitting the card bill. I was surprised that they could be so informal about billing. Apparently, Al's Corvette customers have a good history of making good on money owed.

Last edited by 68/70Vette; 02-19-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:50 PM
jr105
Instructor

I bought a set of seat covers mounted on foam from Al Knoch. A little over a year later one of the seams started to let go. I called them to ask about getting it repaired, and they took care of it without charging me. A real class act that backs up their products.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:20 PM
7dSHARK
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 68/70Vette
Last June, 2010, to make a long story a little shorter, I spend the entire day at the Pomona Swap Meet with Al Knoch and his merry men (and one lady). I was very impressed. Also, with Al. He was very friendly and was very much an hands on guy. He was very involved with all the work going on. Also, since I had a lot of dead time waiting for things to get done, and Al also was having some slow minutes, we had some good conversations about Corvette restor's and mods. He is a very personable type person, and even though you've never met him before, after a few minutes, you feel like you're talking to someone you've known all your life. l That weekend, I had Al replace the top on my 68 Convertible, and also recover the seats of my 68 and 70 in leather and also build headrests for my 68 with matching factory duplicate moulding. Expensive you bet. Because, I didn't originally plan on all this work,...mainly I wanted my 68 top replaced and the 68 seats recovered, the 70 recover was extra, I was concerned that the bill wasn't going to work with my credit card. When I discussed this...no worry. Al had his people wait a few weeks' before submitting the card bill. I was surprised that they could be so informal about billing. Apparently, Al's Corvette customers have a good history of making good on money owed.
is Al at Pamona all the time or was that just good luck. if he is always there i will be too.

Get notified of new replies

To AL KNOCH INTERIORS ROCKS

Quick Reply: AL KNOCH INTERIORS ROCKS