C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody watch JAG last night?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2001, 10:01 AM
ImBatman
Safety Car

Received 161 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Anybody watch JAG last night?

Since I am an ex Navy guy I enjoy this show. However I am also a vette guy and when shows don't do thier homework before they write thier script it realy irritates me. For those of you who don't watch the show the main character is supposed to be a vette guy and completely restores his own car. In last nights show he is asked what kind of car he drives. He describes it as a 1968 Macco Shark. HELLO, am I missing something or are they? And lastly the final scene shows a side view of the car and granted it is a night time shot but it looks as if the car has egg crate's and not gill slits. I know these are little things but I wish they could at least be accurate. :mad :confused: :nopity
Old 12-12-2001, 11:20 AM
ZD75blue
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Anybody watch JAG last night? (wadew10)

didnt see it, but i dont like the lack of detail that they make up for with misinformation

ZD
Old 12-12-2001, 12:52 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

wadew10,
The writers of JAG may not know much about Corvettes BUT my question is how much do they really know about the Navy?????????????
...redvetracr
Old 12-12-2001, 01:33 PM
ImBatman
Safety Car

Received 161 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Re: Anybody watch JAG last night? (redvetracr)

I agree completely. But I will have to say that they have gotten better since the show first started. Being a Navy veteran I tend to pick apart most military movies and shows. It drives my wife nuts. I guess you have to give a little bit when it comes to Hollywood or else the story may get a little boring. :D
Old 12-12-2001, 02:08 PM
RedHot
Le Mans Master

Location: Recovering from a tragic boating accident in Jacksonville Fl
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10 Vet

But I did say to my wife "OH NO!" when they called Harm to the scene of the accident and thought it might have been his stolen C3 vert that was wrecked. :eek:
Old 12-12-2001, 05:50 PM
Mike P
Instructor

I saw about 10 seconds of the show. He had just fired it up in the garage after rebuilding it. The front end looked like a '73 (no chrome bumper). I think he might not have had the front bumper back on yet. The shot was from directly in front and it only showed the car for about 2-3 seconds. It DID look like it had the '68-'69 grill and chrome grill trim installed, though.

Mike P
Old 12-13-2001, 02:08 AM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Re: Anybody watch JAG last night? (redvetracr)

yep, red ragtop, like the show, navy has always, except in pre70s, had better movies etc. :cool:

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody watch JAG last night?

Quick Reply: Anybody watch JAG last night?