C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trim around rear window

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 01:14 AM
atcs
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim around rear window

My 1979 had that goofy rear window sun shade on it when I got it. I took them off, however the metal trim was missing a piece and I bent it a little, Where can I get new trim that goes around the rear window edge?

[Modified by atcs, 5:15 AM 12/11/2001]
Old 12-11-2001, 02:11 AM
RonnyV1980
Instructor

Default Re: Trim around rear window (atcs)

There are several vendors online as well as in the adds in mags. Most have a 1-800 no. I hate to say one over another because as soon as you do, someone else has had a bad experience with them. Do you mean that your car came with louvers on the back window, and in order for them to be installed, the rear window trim had to be removed? Be careful fooling around, and don't use anything sharper than your finger or you will be looking for the rear glass as well.
Old 12-12-2001, 09:52 PM
atcs
3rd Gear

Default Re: Trim around rear window (RonnyV1980)

Thanks for your responce. Wes I do mean louvers just couldn't think of correct term. they were installed under the trim, but was able to get them off without too much trouble, however the corner trim peace on one end is missing and the clips that hold the trim on are broken. I did bend the trim a little getting the louvers off, but I don't think I kinked it. I called midwest corvettes they don't carry them I'll keep looking. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Trim around rear window

Quick Reply: Trim around rear window