Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

[Event] Corvettes for a Cure - July 20, 2008 [Event]

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Secret Vette Girl
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09
Default [Event] Corvettes for a Cure - July 20, 2008 [Event]

5th Annual Corvettes for a Cure – A Benefit for the Delaware Valley Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association

www.CorvettesforACure.com

Register today!

Mark your calendars to attend the 5th annual Corvettes For a Cure - attendance growth has created the need to move the show to a new, larger venue. The new location will allow room for at least 400 Corvettes and will provide attendees with comfortable, grassy surroundings and an air conditioned area to escape the July sun.

One hundred percent of event proceeds will be donated to the Delaware Valley Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association.

Highlights include:
Sunday, July 20, 2008, 10am-4pm Rain or Shine. (Gates open at 8am)

NEW LOCATION: Center for Arts & Technology Pickering Campus located at 1580 Charlestown Road, Phoenixville, PA 19460

NEW FOOD! For those of you that were at CCDV's Cavalcade of Corvettes on June 21st, you likely experienced Penalty Box Catering's great sandwiches! They will be on site at Corvettes for a Cure on July 20th with the same great selection of fresh made to order Cheese Steaks, Meatball Sandwiches and Italian Sausage Sandwiches (with peppers and onions, of course)!

CHINESE AUCTION! We now have over great 60 prize items to give away from pretty great vendors! With some items being worth hundreds of dollars! Every registered participant will get one free entry and can select which item they would most like to win and drop their entry ticket into the drawing for that item. Registrations and non-registratants will also have the opportunity to increase your chances of winning a particular item or multiple items by purchasing additional tickets for $1 a piece or $20 for a "wing-span" of tickets! A complete list of prizes can be found on our home page.

NEW AWARD: "TLC Award" Bring any Vette in any condition, as long as you can drive it to the show, and have the chance to win gift certificates from major parts vendors!

NEW ENTERTAINMENT: Performance by the Roger Girke Band – a great blues band! To kick the event up a notch, the Roger Girke Band will entertain the crowd with their mix of contemporary and traditional blues, drawing in the New Orleans tradition. (www.rogergirke.com)

Panel judged show with 1st, 2nd & 3rd place trophies in 7 classes: C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6 and Custom. Plus trophies for Best of Show, Best Club Attendance and Participant’s Choice Award.

• With the expanded space, cars will be parked by generation...making judging more fun and easy!

Meet Lance Miller, and buy a chance to have Lance give you a private tour of the Miller Corvette Collection!

• Lance will award the 3rd Annual “Lance Miller’s Choice” Trophy and he will bring one of the famous Corvettes from the Miller Collection.

• Refreshments will be available for purchase during the lunch hour in an indoor, air conditioned area.

Register at www.CorvettesForACure.com:
• All proceeds to benefit the Delaware Valley Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association
• $15 early registration (by 6/22/08). $20 day of show.
• Spectators welcomed! Day of show suggested donation: $5

Stay tuned on CF for event updates! I'm looking forward to meeting you all this summer at CFAC!

Last edited by Secret Vette Girl; 07-08-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:46 PM
IRON 82
Racer

Done. See you there.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:07 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Secret Vette Girl
5th Annual Corvettes for a Cure – A Benefit for the Delaware Valley Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association

www.CorvettesforACure.com

Mark your calendars to attend the 5th annual Corvettes For a Cure - attendance growth has created the need to move the show to a new, larger venue. The new location will allow room for at least 400 Corvettes and will provide attendees with comfortable, grassy surroundings and an air conditioned area to escape the July sun.

One hundred percent of event proceeds will be donated to the Delaware Valley Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association.

Highlights include:
Sunday, July 20, 2008, 10am-4pm Rain or Shine. (Gates open at 8am)
NEW LOCATION: Center for Arts & Technology Pickering Campus located at 1580 Charlestown Road, Phoenixville, PA 19460
NEW AWARD: "TLC Award" Bring any Vette in any condition, as long as you can drive it to the show, and have the chance to win gift certificates from major parts vendors!
NEW ENTERTAINMENT: Performance by the Roger Girke Band – a great blues band! To kick the event up a notch, the Roger Girke Band will entertain the crowd with their mix of contemporary and traditional blues, drawing in the New Orleans tradition. (www.rogergirke.com)
Panel judged show with 1st, 2nd & 3rd place trophies in 7 classes: C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6 and Custom. Plus trophies for Best of Show, Best Club Attendance and Participant’s Choice Award.
Meet Lance Miller, and buy a chance to have Lance give you a private tour of the Miller Corvette Collection!
• Lance will award the 3rd Annual “Lance Miller’s Choice” Trophy and he will bring one of the famous Corvettes from the Miller Collection.
• Refreshments will be available for purchase during the lunch hour in an indoor, air conditioned area.

Register at www.CorvettesForACure.com:
• All proceeds to benefit the Delaware Valley Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association
• $15 early registration (by 6/22/08). $20 day of show.
• Spectators welcomed! Day of show suggested donation: $5

Stay tuned on CF for event updates! I'm looking forward to meeting you all this summer at CFAC!

I'm honored to be invited back to this event, it's always a blast seeing everyone. Ah.... the show season is coming quickly - LIFE IS GOOD!

See you soon,

Lance
Old 03-31-2008, 07:34 PM
4CAM LT5
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by racelance
I'm honored to be invited back to this event, it's always a blast seeing everyone. Ah.... the show season is coming quickly - LIFE IS GOOD!

See you soon,

Lance
All of us involved in Corvettes for a Cure are looking forward to the Fifth Annual event. It should be bigger and better than ever.

We have tons of room at the NEW venue, and we're getting in 'high gear' with our promotions.

It will be great to see you there, Lance.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:41 PM
0JPM@AutoBuffs
Former Vendor

Location: The AutoBuffs Army is unmatched in the Custom world! www.autobuffs.net
S. Jersey Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Im in...Put me down !
Old 04-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Adam Wartell
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts

I want to highlight our the new award we have this year:

This means there is no excuse to not enter your Vette this year! Even if it isn't "show worthy" you can bring it and have the chance to win valuable prizes!!

Hope to see you there!

Last edited by Adam Wartell; 04-09-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The Wife and I will try and make this event this year.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:30 PM
4CAM LT5
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09

Bump
Old 05-13-2008, 10:05 AM
Adam Wartell
Burning Brakes

Just over two months away. Make sure to get pre-registered! Save $5 by registering before 6/20!
Old 05-15-2008, 12:45 PM
my7t1
Instructor

If you are in the area (or not) please consider making this great event. A wonderful time given by wonderful people for a very worthy cause. If you can't make it you may want to consider a donation to The Alzheimer's Association. I only ask this because my Mother in Law suffers from this terrible disease, and it would mean a lot to us.

Plus, we all share a passion for Corvettes, and we can also share this passion with others and help support a worthy cause.
Thanks, Terry
Old 06-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Secret Vette Girl
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08-'09
Default volunteers needed

There's only 6 weeks left - register today...see beginning of string for updated info.

If anyone would like to volunteer to help us park cars the day of the event (around 8 am), please PM me...with the expanded space and more Vettes attending, we could use some help.

Thanks!
A
Old 06-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Adam Wartell
Burning Brakes

The Corvettes for a Cure 2008 pre-registration deadline is fast approaching on 6/20/2008.
If you have not yet registered for the event, please do so before 6/20 in order to save $5 off the regular registration fee.
http://www.corvettesforacure.com/register.asp

Please don't forget that the show will be at a new location this year with an expanded, more comfortable space, at the Center for Arts & Technology Pickering Campus located at 1580 Charlestown Road, Phoenixville, PA 19460.It's only 1.7 miles from our old location at the Kmart shopping center.

A few other important items:
  • Please make sure all your Vette buddies know about our event and about the new "TLC Award"... Bring any Vette in any condition, as long as you can drive it to the show, and have the chance to win gift certificates from major parts vendors!
  • We also have Two Sirius Stiletto 2's + Home Docking stations to raffle off! Check out our home page for more details.
  • We'll have a great live band this year, along with great food, great raffles, great door prizes, great goody bags and lots of great fun.
  • If you'd like to volunteer to help with parking and registration, please reply to this email.
  • All proceeds benefit the Alzheimer's Association Delaware Valley Chapter.
Register now! Follow this link:
http://www.corvettesforacure.com/register.asp

Thank you. See you on July 20th!
Old 06-15-2008, 03:39 PM
zekemug
Instructor

Default The Band is Smokin'

I listen and attend alot of blues shows and festivals. This Band is no joke. I think everyone will be suprised at how good they are. Scheduled to work that whole weekend but I'm going to try and swing something. I've never entered any event yet, but if I can get off I'm in.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:50 PM
4CAM LT5
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by zekemug
I listen and attend alot of blues shows and festivals. This Band is no joke. I think everyone will be suprised at how good they are. Scheduled to work that whole weekend but I'm going to try and swing something. I've never entered any event yet, but if I can get off I'm in.
Thanks for the review, Zekemug. You are 'dead-on'. I've been following the Roger Girke Band since 2001 (saw them first in Baltimore / Fells Point, at the Cat's Eye Pub...and was hooked), and these guys are absolutely the real deal.

Back in late Winter, I asked Roger if he would play at our event...and he said "Sure, when abd where...?" The band's third CD should be released by the show date (July 20, 2008).

They will be providing smokin' blues entertainment for our show. Come out with your Corvette, and enjoy the day.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:25 PM
zekemug
Instructor

Default How I stumbled onto the Band

Not to get off the subject of the show BUT. I went to a Diamiond State Blues Society Event to see Eddie Shaw and His Son Eddie Van Shaw. They held a raffle I won 10 CD'S. Roger Girke was by far the best. My Daughter and Her friends were probably 13 at the time but all loved "September Memories" all in college now but still ask for song when they are over the House. I am working on someone to work for Me. Would love to meet all you people.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Adam Wartell
Burning Brakes

Default It just keeps getting better!

We have even more great news to tell you about...

NEW FOOD! For those of you that were at CCDV's Cavalcade of Corvettes on June 21st, you likely experienced Penalty Box Catering's great sandwiches! They will be on site at Corvettes for a Cure on July 20th with the same great selection of fresh made to order Cheese Steaks, Meatball Sandwiches and Italian Sausage Sandwiches (with peppers and onions, of course)!

CHINESE AUCTION! We now have over great 60 prize items to give away from pretty great vendors! With some items being worth hundreds of dollars! Every registered participant will get one free entry and can select which item they would most like to win and drop their entry ticket into the drawing for that item. Registrations and non-registratants will also have the opportunity to increase your chances of winning a particular item or multiple items by purchasing additional tickets for $1 a piece or $20 for a "wing-span" of tickets! A complete list of prizes can be found on our home page.

NEW "TLC" AWARD!
As mentioned we have a new award for anyone that feels their Vette isn't quite "show quality" or in some cases, not any where close! Enter your Vette into the show in the "TLC" class and have to chance to win what is now $280 worth of gift certificates from major parts vendors! A complete list of vendors can be found on our home page.

NEW ENTERTAINMENT! As discussed above, the Roger Girke band will be playing live!

RAFFLES! And don't forget about our 3 great raffles for chances to win cash, a Sirius Stiletto 2 + Home Dock, and a tour of the Miller Family Vette Collection in Carlisle!

We sure hope you can make it to our new larger venue on July 20th in Phoenixville, PA! You can enter your "show car", your "TLC car" or just show up to look around. Anyway you slice it, it will be our best show yet!

Please also remember... even if you can't make the show, please visit our website to make an online donation. We'll be happy if you can even donate just $1. If 1000 people donate just $1 each you'd all be helping to reach our goal of $5000 for this our 5th year!

Thanks!

(SVG, please add the news about the Food and Chinese Auction to the top of this thread.)
Old 07-09-2008, 07:31 AM
C5Dream2004
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just registered online - Wow that makes it easy - nice work.Lokking for ward to seeing everyone!!

Get notified of new replies

To [Event] Corvettes for a Cure - July 20, 2008 [Event]

Old 07-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Adam Wartell
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C5Dream2004
Just registered online - Wow that makes it easy - nice work.Lokking for ward to seeing everyone!!
That is new this year. Glad you like it! See you on the 20th!
Old 07-13-2008, 12:20 PM
0JPM@AutoBuffs
Former Vendor

Location: The AutoBuffs Army is unmatched in the Custom world! www.autobuffs.net
S. Jersey Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Adam,
Clear Your Pm Box Buddy!
Old 07-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Adam Wartell
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by J.P.M.