C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weekend brake job..

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 04:01 PM
1980 razz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weekend brake job..

well no more putting it off,my brakes pull so bad im scared to go for drives..we decided it was time so we pulled all of and started to get dirty..the rorors were a headache,i didnt realize how long it takes to drill out all the old rivits (2 bits and 3 fingernails later)..we then checked the bearing for wear and repacked with new grease..the calipers were painted with por15 for rust protection and a nice colour..not too bad but it was an all day job for sure..well stoping for beer brakes ever few made it an all dayer :cheers:
[img]file:///C:/FUJIFILM/EZTOUCH/brake%20change.JPG[/img]

[img]file:///C:/FUJIFILM/EZTOUCH/new%20brakes%202.JPG[/img]

[Modified by 1980 razz, 10:04 AM 12/10/2001]
Old 12-10-2001, 08:50 PM
MIKER
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: weekend brake job.. (1980 razz)

the rorors were a headache,i didnt realize how long it takes to drill out all the old rivits. . .
I'm doing the breaks and wheel bearings as I get spare time. I removed the RR rotor, bearing carrier and spindle Saturday night and you're right, it is a headache! Drilling the rivets out wasn't too bad but the brake rotor sure didn't come off very easily. I had to use a big puller, big hammer and lots of penetrating oil! :smash:
I can certainly relate to how time consuming that this job can be.

GOOD JOB razz! :cheers:

Quick Reply: weekend brake job..