C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

resto-guys: which paint to use??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 10:53 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default resto-guys: which paint to use??

Hey all. I decided that now that all my bugs are worked out(power steering working again), that I would go through the daunting task of impressing the bugs. Im starting at the back of the car, literally. Im going to do my mufflers, frame, gas tank, filler cap, rear emblem, intenna, all that stuff. Im going to clean up the wiring(to hopefully make it cleaner if I ever need to work under there). Then I'll work my way forward, and when I get to the rear trailing arms, Im going to have them rebuilt, and do a rear end gear swap, replace my spring, and all that good stuff(bushings of course). I have a couple questions:

What paint should I use on:
Frame?
Gas tank?
Exaust and Mufflers(if any paint at all)?
etc etc. I have heard of POR 15, but what is its limitations. Also what about that "rust tuff" crap I see at autozone, is there any good use for that?

Thanks;
Daniel
Old 12-09-2001, 11:17 PM
Mac
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: resto-guys: which paint to use?? (daniel77350)

There's a whole Forum filled with guys & gals who know what paints, what parts and the answer to just about any question you want to ask: Factory Correct Resto! Come on over and play!!

Quick Reply: resto-guys: which paint to use??