C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kids and vettes(again)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 09:34 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kids and vettes(again)

I know this topic is brought up tons of times, but this one is a little different.

I was at a party friday night, and this guy showed up. He seemed cool at first, but then he tells me he is a bounty hunter, and knows that I drive a corvette.(his wife is in my class, it was a class christmas party). Anyway, he tells me its a nice car, then out of no where he is like "do you run drugs?" :lol: After I stoped laughing I said "god no" He said "then how do you afford the vette". I told him I worked for it, he said "it must be nice being a spoiled rich brat". I laughed and said "It's not to bad.". The he tells me he'll "run me in right now if (he) finds out Im running drugs". :lol:

I don't know why some other people here get offended about being disrespected like that. In fact I was flattered. I mean, he stoped drinking, and wasted 30 minutes of his life to prove he was jealous of me. If he only knew how affordable the car really was. Oh well.

Just figured I'd share. All in all the party was a good time had by all(but 2 people..thats a whole different story, they paid for their stupidity)

Thanks for your time.

Daniel
Old 12-09-2001, 09:40 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: kids and vettes(again) (daniel77350)

oh ya. And that same night(earlier in the eavening) I was outside putting the tops back on it for the night(I crashed there), and the dudes neighbor comes outside and tells me the car is nice, then asks "you can park it in my garage if you want. In fact you can go ahead and leave it there all weekend if you'd like." :lol:

The guy was cool.

Also, I stole some guys gf because she found out the "awesome car outside" was mine. oops.

I must say, that was the most "vette" excitement I've had in one day. WHAT A CAR! :)

Daniel
Old 12-09-2001, 09:54 PM
Shutdown1
Instructor

......I do all my partying on this forum, and I get in trouble a lot too........!
Regards

Shutdown1
Old 12-09-2001, 11:04 PM
bence13_33
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I find that amusing too :lol: . It's strange how people question how I can afford my $10,000 Corvette but yet I see kids my age driving Mustangs and MUSTANG COBRAS! Those cars are far more expensive than my lowely old 'Vette but yet they don't speak a word about them. It seems to me that owning a Corvette brings out a lot of jealousy in some people.
Old 12-09-2001, 11:12 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: kids and vettes(again) (Shutdown1)

Stupid AND rude is a very unpleasant combination !! :mad: I wonder if he would have accused you of running drugs if you drove a brand new Dodge Neon ES 4dr sedan!!! But one of those would set you back $15k and you probably can't afford that ! :) MJ
Old 12-09-2001, 11:15 PM
Anar76
Burning Brakes

I like the fact that people really dont know how affordable these cars really are.
adds to the mystique of them :)
Old 12-09-2001, 11:25 PM
VTHokie77Vette
Racer

That is a pretty funny story. Some people easily show how stupid they really are. I've had my share too, mostly with other kids my age. And just like it was mentioned most of these kids were driving brand new mustangs and one kid had a tricked out SS Camaro. They were all jerks too me and still are because of my car. Whatever, soon enough my car is going to be so bad it will give them something to be jealous about. Then I can just smile and blow their doors off.
Old 12-10-2001, 12:27 AM
Chris Fowler
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'10

:lol: :lol:

some people just don't get what they're talking about...
Old 12-10-2001, 02:24 AM
spiru
Instructor

Default Re: kids and vettes(again) (Chris Fowler '80)

It's a Vette thing and some people can't understand.
Old 12-10-2001, 03:55 AM
eeeticket
Advanced

Default Re: kids and vettes(again) (spiru)

When i bought my 77 in 1991 i was loking at late eighties camaros. One day my mom asked, "What are you going to buy, a Corvette?" I said, "No i can't afford one." I started looking in the paper, and Vettes were about the same price as those Camaros. The insurance was $200 cheaper to. My Vette is at least worth what i paid for it. What's that Camaro worth ,$1500 maybe. Best money i ever spent. That mom, she sure is a smart lady. She even talked me into buying a house a few years ago, instead of that Harley. Go figure.
Old 12-10-2001, 10:22 PM
Corz
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: kids and vettes(again) (eeeticket)

dont ya just love it when some punk pulls up next to ya in his little rice car, revs the engine and asks to run it? I stopped the whole racing thing.. cuz if ya think about it, you already won.. they have a stang, f-body, weedwhacker; what are you behind the wheel of? one cool lookin monster! and as far as the spoiled thing goes? i get it all the time. I musta gotten at least 15 "daddy's car" comments in one nite. but i just laugh at them cuz of they're 95 turbo eclipse cost more, and i got another car to drive when i make the vette nicer. thats the fun part about it. just laughing at all the dopes that make fun of ur car when they drive something that shouldnt be allowed on a jungle gym, let alone a city road.
Old 12-10-2001, 11:37 PM
Buffalo Dude
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '07

Default Re: kids and vettes(again) (eeeticket)

I think people are jealous because the c3 LOOKS intimidating. I mean it looks real intimidating next to a riced-out civic. No one has ever challenged me to a race because their cars suck and they think my car is super fast, which it's not. I drive a '75 L48 with TH400. 'Nuff said. It'll be plenty fast after I get my paycheck.
Lots of people are jealous of my car, but they never say I shouldn't have it or that i'm spoiled, cause i'm not. They always compliment it and say things like, "That's a mean set of wheels" :cool: And I think as long as we treat other drivers with respect to show them not all corvette owners are a-holes then they'll do the same to us. :yesnod:
Old 12-10-2001, 11:57 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: kids and vettes(again) (Buffalo Dude)

OK all you little spoiled brats driving daddy's car!!! :)

Wait a few years and you can look forward to being accused of having a midlife crisis!!! Or worse, you are driving a big phallic vehicle to compensate for your shortcomings elsewhere!! :) Of course, noone has ever said this to me..... cept the midlife crisis part! :) MJ
Old 12-11-2001, 01:44 AM
spiru
Instructor

Default Re: kids and vettes(again) (Buffalo Dude)

I totally agree!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Old 12-11-2001, 01:49 AM
cglasse
Racer

Default Re: kids and vettes(again) (MNJack)

hey... i do drive my dad's vette! But only till i get my own :cool:
Old 12-11-2001, 08:54 AM
427V8
C6 the C5 of tomorrow
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: kids and vettes(again) (cglasse)

I'm sure you've all been told the joke

'Whats the difference between a Porkupine and a Corvette? A Porkupine has ****** on the outside'

I think they have it backwards, the ****** are on the outside of a Vette too :)
Old 12-11-2001, 10:38 AM
bence13_33
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Re: kids and vettes(again) (427V8)

427V8:
Yup...I actually first heard that joke from my girlfriend's dad (of all people).

Get notified of new replies

To kids and vettes(again)

Old 12-11-2001, 11:05 AM
IT STINGS
Instructor

Default Re: kids and vettes(again) (bence13_33)

[QUOTE]I find that amusing too :lol: . It's strange how people question how I can afford my $10,000 Corvette but yet I see kids my age driving Mustangs and MUSTANG COBRAS....[\QUOTE]

Ignorance is bliss :rolleyes:

:chevy
Old 12-11-2001, 11:51 AM
VolVette
Melting Slicks

Shhh... It's fun when people don't know... Don't tell anyone. :p:
Old 12-11-2001, 12:31 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: kids and vettes(again) (MNJack)

Of course, no one has ever said this to me..... cept the midlife crisis part!MJ
MN Jack.. Yeah, I get that line all the time. Some people think fulfilling a dream by purchasing a Vette after the age of 45 is considered "Midlife Crises". We're supposed to wear traditional styled clothes, drive Lincolns or Caddy's, sit on the porch swing in the evening sipping lemonade, and be in bed by 9pm right after Bingo. HELL NO....NOT ME!!!

Daniel: You displayed restraint and good sense tword the moron who insulted and disrespected you. Congrats.. It would have taken all my restraint not to haul off either verbally or physically on this guy. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Quick Reply: kids and vettes(again)