C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The suburban is in a coma but the vette still lives...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 12:45 AM
81Batman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The suburban is in a coma but the vette still lives...

During the snow storm we had here a couple of weeks ago I was forced to drive the vette in the snow and ice. Very good handling with good traction thanks to the 'posi' limited slip rear. The suburban had a dead battery. I charged it and drove it that evening and then tried to go to work the next morning and got stuck in the middle of the road. The already weak 700R4 then just about called it quits. It is on its last gasps now. For the time being the vette is all I have to drive in any weather. I decided to convert the sub to 4wd instead of the stock 2wd for the strength and the cheap price of the parts. I am just praying for no more storms untill it is finished. :confused: :confused: :confused: [IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-09-2001, 04:19 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: The suburban is in a coma but the vette still lives... (81Batman)

It snows in Texas? :confused:
Old 12-09-2001, 06:56 AM
81Batman
Instructor

Default Re: The suburban is in a coma but the vette still lives... (Dalannex)

It does snow here but our six to seven inches only lasted for three days. Then the roads were all clear and most of the rest well on its way to being gone.
The problem here is that they don't plow at all so it all packs to ice on the roads. We can expect one or two more storms this winter that bring snow or ice.
Personally I would love to up up there in South Dakota. I miss the true winters and ice fishing and snowmobiling. Jobs and housing costs are the problem keeping me from moving. :)
Old 12-09-2001, 09:38 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: The suburban is in a coma but the vette still lives... (81Batman)

It's too bad you're so far away. I have a dead '89 Sub still sitting in my drive way waiting to be hauled away. You coulda used the transaxle & stuff.
Old 12-09-2001, 09:52 AM
SuperFast80
Race Director

Default Re: The suburban is in a coma but the vette still lives... (1970 Stingray)

Incredible. :crazy: In Toronto we are hovering around 40-50 and Texas gets snow. :confused:

Better you than me. :lol:

Drove the '80 in a snowstorm (8 inches) 2 years ago and let me tell you, once you get past the clearance issues, traction is not a problem. If you are responsible enough to cut power when it slides, the grip just comes rushing back on.

Good luck with the Suburban.

Get notified of new replies

To The suburban is in a coma but the vette still lives...

Quick Reply: The suburban is in a coma but the vette still lives...