C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is breaking my heart!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2001, 07:13 PM
BBA
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default This is breaking my heart!

I am changing jobs, moving and getting married all in the very near future.
I have two Corvettes and I've convinced myself to sale one of the two. Since my daily driver now is a C4 ( '87 ) I decided to sale the C3 ( '79 with 81 body and currently no engine in it ).

Now, I've had the 79 since 1991, I put about 7 years on it with my strongest motor, a roller cam Brodix headed 383 and TH700R4 ( I adapted the car to fit the 700R4 ). It has the right rearend ( 12 bolt IRS w 3.55 ), Aluminum coated Hooker Supercomp big tubes, sweet aluminized stainless exhaust, all kinds of goodies on top of that. Ran high 11 sec 1/4 with stock radials and mufflers. :chevy

The 79 has been in peices since 1998, and I put new carpet, seat covers and door panels in it, which I decided to finish up on today so I can make the car presentable.

So, tonight I was sitting in it, feeling the stiffness of it's suspension and firmness of seats. Looking at the dash ( L82 car with 7000 RPM tach with canadian speedo...goes to 150 MPH ) and having memories of pegging both the tach and speedo ( over 7000 RPM at about 175 MPH or so :reddevil ), then all the beach and strip cruising I used to do in it in Va.Beach, I almost want to sale the 87 and keep the 79...but my girl wouldnt let me change my mind on it :cry

I just keep thinking how this car is just so brutally responsive...I love this old car...I want to keep it :cry :cry :cry :cry

Someone better buy it before I screw all my plans up and decide to keep it :D

[Modified by BBA, 6:14 PM 12/8/2001]
Old 12-08-2001, 07:17 PM
Chris Fowler
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'10

Default Re: This is breaking my heart! (BBA)

:(

That sucks...I'd wanna hold on to the '79 too...

Hope you find a good owner. :yesnod:
Old 12-09-2001, 12:54 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: This is breaking my heart! (BBA)

OK I'll bite
HOW MUCH???

Get notified of new replies

To This is breaking my heart!

Quick Reply: This is breaking my heart!