C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM weatherpack connector???? where to get??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2001, 06:53 PM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default GM weatherpack connector???? where to get??

For those of you that know of the GM weatherpack connector, where can I get a 2 prong male connector for a reasonable price? It would be the same connector as on the mixture control selenoid wires on my 81' corvette. It just happens that this connector is for my pickup's 4 wheel drive light sensor, but it's the same one. You guys know the thing. I stopped at my local goodwrench parts counter, and the friendly fellow looked for a half hour or so, then finally figured out what I wanted, went and picked it out, then said, "that'll be 30 bucks". Then I said,"I just think you might have to keep that one for that money". 30 bucks for a stinkin' little plug. I didn't even want to ask how much the plug for the battery lead on an HEI distributor would cost. Of course, they wouldn't be able to figure out what I was talking about anyway. Where do I get these plugs at a reasonable price?
Old 12-08-2001, 08:27 PM
clem zahrobsky
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: GM weatherpack connector???? where to get?? (Dalannex)

go to your local wrecking lot.
Old 12-09-2001, 04:08 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Default Re: GM weatherpack connector???? where to get?? (clem zahrobsky)

It may come to that, but I was kind of hoping to find some new ones at a reasonable price, because of the fact that I have seen so many different connectors get brittle after a few years in that heat. I did find some in the Lawson catalog. I think when I get to work monday morning I will give him a call to see what they cost there. I also found a site on the web where they are 5 for 6 bucks or something like that. If Lawson isn't reasonable I will e-mail them. Their web site looks like it could be kind of a fly by night operation.
Old 12-09-2001, 08:32 AM
JRtex
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: GM weatherpack connector???? where to get?? (Dalannex)

American Autowire Systems ( http://www.factoryfit.com) has them. Male and Female sides, with terminals, in 1,2,3,4, or 6 pin types. They start at $4 for a complete male/female set with terminals. I just bought a bunch of regular plugs from them, they are identical to original GM parts.
-JR
Old 12-09-2001, 08:47 AM
Rocket Ron
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: GM weatherpack connector???? where to get?? (JRtex)

I have also seen them at the local pep boys. Other parts stores should have them. They are inexpensive but you have to transfer the wire ends from one plug to another. There is a special tool to do this but you should be able to substitute something
Old 12-09-2001, 02:32 PM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Default Re: GM weatherpack connector???? where to get??

I checked our 2 local parts stores and they don't have them. I will have to check at Advance Auto next time I get over that way. It's about 40 miles away. I'll be in that town next week. I'll check then.

[Modified by Dalannex, 12:37 PM 12/9/2001]

Get notified of new replies

To GM weatherpack connector???? where to get??

Quick Reply: GM weatherpack connector???? where to get??