C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring for temp tach

Old 12-08-2001, 06:03 PM
NJ74STINGRAY
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring for temp tach

Hi, I am looking to hook up a tach to substitute for my regular in dash one until I can get it fixed.I have a small sun tach which I am going to hook up just temporary.Was looking for some suggestions on were to hook up the hot leads.It say's not to hook up the red wire to your radio or Accesory.Also need to hook up the black <Negative< and the white>Lighting< The car is in the shop now getting a complete engine rebuild so I want to hook it up when i get it back. Thanks again for your time >STW< Frank :flag
Old 12-08-2001, 07:09 PM
GTR1999
Tech Contributor

Received 2,594 Likes on 1,330 Posts

Default Re: Wiring for temp tach (NJ74STINGRAY)

Hey Frank hows it going? The electric tach usually hook up to the coil? What's up with the tach drive original? They're not too bad to work on, let me know if I can help
Gary
Old 12-08-2001, 11:17 PM
NJ74STINGRAY
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wiring for temp tach (gtr1999)

HI Gary how you doing? Doing fine here thanks.Still Can't belive the weather.The cable tach on my car was switched over to an electric one(75) when they switched over to HEI distributor.The Tach board must have fried and the needle is stuck at 2000.I am waiting for the car to come back from the engine shop and was just going to hook the little 2inch sun one up till i get to fix the regular one.I have to wait for spring t o do that. I was just wondering were to hook up the hot>red< and the white for the lighting to the fuse block.Did not want to splice into the 27 year old wires.Good to here from you.Don't worry I will give you a yell if I need help.Thanks,Frank :flag

Get notified of new replies

To Wiring for temp tach

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiring for temp tach