C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leatherette seat covers question please.

Old 12-07-2001, 05:00 PM
jsimpson
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Leatherette seat covers question please. (JRChurch)

My leatherette covres look just like the leather covers, but didn't last long at all! I should have paid the difference for leather. I just bought two Connoly quality hides to have my 70 done with! :cool:
Old 12-07-2001, 05:04 PM
EIGHTDOLLARS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Leatherette seat covers question please. (JRChurch)

I would recommend against the leatherette. I put these on mine, and the seams started tearing out within a couple of weeks. I am not a satisfied customer. Could be the material, could be the manufacturer...I dunno. Bought from Steve's Corvette parts (or some such company). It seems he "specializes" in interiors. Had the best price on leatherette...guess I know why, now.

Point is, if you are buying leatherette for economy, then it doesn't matter if they are leather repro. If you are trying to get repro style with different material for "durability," I'd save your $$ (or dish it out now if you have it) and get the leather. Just passing along my experiences.
Old 12-07-2001, 05:34 PM
A2Shark
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Leatherette seat covers question please. (jsimpson)

Go with the real thing, Rick. You won't regret it, and a year from now you won't miss the extra money. When I bought my Vette, the previous owner threw in a pair of vinyl seats that he had planned to install. I bought the leather and just installed them. Both sets are cut the same but they sure don't feel or smell the same. The color is a little off on the vinyl, too, at least in white.

Brian

Get notified of new replies

To Leatherette seat covers question please.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Leatherette seat covers question please.