C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power/convertible

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 01:33 PM
INMYBLOOD
Le Mans Master

Location: The problem is all inside your head she said to me.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Power/convertible

As you can see the first pic shows a great deal of power and the second shows some folks riding convertable. :lol:

Old 12-07-2001, 01:45 PM
FeedVaal
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Power/convertible (INMYBLOOD)

Very appropos.
:cheers:
Old 12-07-2001, 03:43 PM
jimduchek
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Power/convertible (FeedVaal)

Ehehe... 'delivered' to the Japs and Germans... With love, courtesy of the U.S. gov'ment :)

Jim

Old 12-07-2001, 03:47 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Blood -- where did you get your pics? A comemmorative book from the Naval Gun Factory? My uncle was a plankowner on the Iowa. I have a lot of his Navy stuff and several books on the Iowa class battleships.
:)
Old 12-07-2001, 05:16 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Cool Pics.. I love Military History. My Dad was at "Midway" aboard either the "Lexington" or "Enterprise" (he wouldn't tell us kids) Chief Petty Officer... repairing the sheet metal on aircraft. That's all we could find out about his service record. When asked the age old question "What did you do in the war Daddy?" He would reply, "Sometimes a man just wants to forget". That had quite an impact on me, for I suspect that he saw more than his share of devastation. I salute all of you in the military :flag :flag :flag
Now if we can just figure a way of getting one of those aircraft engines in our Vettes... :lol: :lol:
Old 12-10-2001, 08:34 AM
INMYBLOOD
Le Mans Master

Location: The problem is all inside your head she said to me.

Default Re: Power/convertible (Easy Mike)

EASY Mike
Blood -- where did you get your pics? A comemmorative book from the Naval Gun Factory? YES It was from a book my grandfather gave me called "Round-shot to rockets" A history of the washington navy yard and U.S. naval gun factory. My father started his machinst apprenticeship there also. Copyright 1949. It decribes the very early ships and cannons and talks about the British landing at Notingham on the Patuxent river(near by) and walking to Washington. Some of the pictures of the "Shops" are amazing. The working enviroment and the size of some of the jobs!

My uncle was a plankowner on the Iowa. I have a lot of his Navy stuff and several books on the Iowa class battleships.
:)
Old 12-10-2001, 09:15 AM
Ganey
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Someone in the Navy in WWII said battleships were already obsolete when built.

Nuclear is Power.

:cheers:
Old 12-10-2001, 09:46 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: Power/convertible (Silvr77)

An old tyme friend of mine works at the Naval Gun Factory in SE Washington D.C....where every gun for every ship in WW2 was made, he was in one of the old foundry buildings where they made the 16" guns on the huge ships....it's an office building for years now...
they used to fire the guns in tests targeted right over the Anacostia river to open fields back then.....the area is a slum now....

My uncle followed Patton, near Battle of Bulge.....he NEVER said a damn thing about what HE saw, he was a Civil Engineer, in charge of setting up government and resorting infrastructure behind the lines....Major....
I have his old uniform jacket....perfect shape...

GENE

Get notified of new replies

To Power/convertible

Quick Reply: Power/convertible