C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seatbelts for a 76 from a 98 camaro??? help haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllppp !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 10:43 AM
daily_driver
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seatbelts for a 76 from a 98 camaro??? help haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllppp !!

okay i finally got sick of driving with NO SEATBELTS and got a rear set from a 98 camaro...

my 76 has no hardware right now (bolts or otherwise...)

i have no clue where to mount these things???

my seats dont have the shoulder belt feedthrough either..

can someone who has used the "93 and up" camaro seatbelt bubba fix tell me how you did a good installl and WHERE???

thanks!!

:cheers: :cheers:
Old 12-07-2001, 11:28 AM
76greg
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: seatbelts for a 76 from a 98 camaro??? help haaaaaaalllllllllllllppp!! (daily_driver)

Start with a 76 AIM for mounting points and hardware needed. Dr. Rebuild should have all the mounting hardware. Some modification may be needed.

Greg :)
Old 12-07-2001, 11:52 AM
daily_driver
Melting Slicks

Default Re: seatbelts for a 76 from a 98 camaro??? help haaaaaaalllllllllllllppp!! (76greg)

oh no!!

not dr rebuild that parts ****!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Old 12-07-2001, 12:03 PM
Allan71
Burning Brakes

Default Re: seatbelts for a 76 from a 98 camaro??? help haaaaaaalllllllllllllppp!! (daily_driver)

Well you're gonna need the correct seat belt bolts. I don't know if these are still available new from GM, but I would check there first. If not, a salvage yard mid 70's GM bolt should work but not sure. Then the seats will need to come out. The Camaro assemblies will need to have everything on them removed except the retractor and belt itself. The locating tang on the bottom of the retractor must be removed, (just bend it back and forth til it breaks). The retractor part of the new belts mount just where the old ones did, behind the seats on top of the rear wheel well. Remove the rear window trim and both interior 1/4 trim peices to get at the locations. The new belts mount right on top and attach with a single heavy grade seat belt bolt. The belts pass through a square hole in the trim peice and should line up ok. The end of the belts then are fed through the backs of the seats on 70-73 coupes and 70-75 convertibles. On the 74-up coupes, the belts go around the seats. You can use a generic belt holder or even the 98 Camaro holder will work and they are available new if you need one. The belt end comes around the seat, and then drops down the side of the seat and secures on the side of the floor next to the seat. Check first to make sure all the bolts will thread and fit tight and you may have to clean up and chase these threads. After it is tightened, the buckle will hang about half way down the seat on the left side. The female side of the buckle mounts on the console side and also secures with a single bolt. That's about it. For cars that the belts are supposed to pass through the seats, you can take the belts and carefully pop the plastic buckle covers off. Put one end of the buckle slide end in a vice and grab the other end with a good pair of vice grips. While slowly prying down on the grips, work the belt pin out with a screwdriver. It doesn't take a lot of force and don't bend the buckle any more than needed. Once the pin is out, the buckle can be removed from the belt. Now with the buckle out the way, the belt end can be easily fed through the back of the seats. Re-install the buckles by knocking the pin back in the slot (may need a little more bending), and an a little extra bend on the buckles to make sure the pin won't come out.
Old 12-07-2001, 04:49 PM
daily_driver
Melting Slicks

Default Re: seatbelts for a 76 from a 98 camaro??? help haaaaaaalllllllllllllppp!! (Allan71)

thanks allan!!

your 2 fer 2 today!!

:) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To seatbelts for a 76 from a 98 camaro??? help haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllppp !!

Quick Reply: seatbelts for a 76 from a 98 camaro??? help haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllppp !!