C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM restoration Kit fee, an old link please

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 10:57 PM
Nomad78SA
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: GM restoration Kit fee, an old link please (JRChurch)

:seeya Hey Rick

[Modified by Nomad78SA, 9:00 PM 12/5/2001]
Old 12-05-2001, 10:58 PM
Nomad78SA
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: GM restoration Kit fee, an old link please (JRChurch)

Rick,
45ACP posted this some time ago...enjoyed the pics of the 72 big block
Neil in Tenn

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=163727
Given the growth of the forum during the last year, I figure there must be at least a few people here have not yet heard about this -
" . . . Restoration Package for your Corvette from GM/Chevrolet! Call the Chevrolet Customer Assistance hotline at (800) 222-1020 or 810-696-4800. You will need to supply the VIN of the car. If your Vette was originally registered in Canada, you will have to call GM of Canada at (800) 263-3777. GM-Canda wants $40.00 plus tax for the restoration package, so try the US number first."

I got mine last year. The stuff I got <thumbing through package in front of keyboard> consists of good quality photocopies of service/maint. info, an order form for the Corvette Black Book, a dealer order guide, MVMA Specifications form, another rather extensive specifications reference published by GM and a 1/4" thick listing of official GM Restoration Parts suppliers. All told, about 100 double-sided pages.

The young lady I spoke with last year didn't quite know what I was talking about when I requested the Restoration Package, but after a few seconds of keyboard clicking sounds she found it and walked me down through a list of questions (name, address, VIN, etc). She told me 6-8 weeks to deliver, but I remember it only being a week or so.

Yes, it is free. Free phone call, free restoration package, they even covered the postage.
All you have to do is call, answer a few questions, then go out by your mailbox and wait.

[Modified by 45ACP, 7:37 AM 10/9/2001]

Quick Reply: GM restoration Kit fee, an old link please