C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW EXHAUST, FINALLY !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 09:52 PM
vettecor
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NEW EXHAUST, FINALLY !!!!

Well I finally got new exhaust and mufflers today. I had them remove all existing pipes, mufflers, and cat. Went with 2.5 inch pipe and Ravin 55 mufflers. (The manager talked me out of 33's), because I said I did NOT want it extremely loud. MIDAS did an excellent job with the installation. Also put on two cats. Wish it was a hair louder, but oh well!! Maybe after I drive the car awhile, maybe they will get a little louder.

Would headers help the performance any? Or is it a waste because I have 2 new cats?

Thanks as always.
Larry
Old 12-05-2001, 10:07 PM
79er
Racer

Default Re: NEW EXHAUST, FINALLY !!!! (vettecor)

What Year vette do you own? What engine does it have in it? What mods have you do? Anyway, yes headers would help performance, to what extent depends on your set up. Also I would recommend full-length large tube headers before shorty style headers.
Old 12-05-2001, 10:07 PM
Paul 75 L82
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Headers will help EVERYTHING. Performance, looks, sound and gas mileage. A solid investment. I have the hookers cermanic coated and they fit great and look good.
Old 12-05-2001, 10:20 PM
vettecor
Racer

Sorry guys. The car is a '77, 350 L-48.

Thanks
Larry
Old 12-06-2001, 12:18 AM
79er
Racer

No prob. Headers would help they would give you a torque increase every where and more power in the mid to high band. Also if you were planing on doing other mods they would like headers too. I would look at the DynoMax headers from Jeg’s or Summit who ever is cheaper. I have a set in my 79 they fit great and look good to. The cerama coated ones run about $210 for the set. If you do decide to get headers get a metal header gasket and good bolts.

Get notified of new replies

To NEW EXHAUST, FINALLY !!!!

Quick Reply: NEW EXHAUST, FINALLY !!!!