C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like I'll be putting off mods on my car for the next 5 years.

Old 12-05-2001, 07:25 PM
Golden80
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looks like I'll be putting off mods on my car for the next 5 years.

I'm going to go back to college after taking a 2 year sabatical. The car will most likely hang out in the garage and won't receive any mods. Looks like I'll be investing in a car cover pretty soon. I'm going to a local junior college for my undergrad stuff and hopefully will transfer to Colorado State University. I'm going for a mechanical engineering degree. The nice thing though is that once I get out of college and get a job I'll be able to make one sweeeeeet ride. By then I'll get my ZZ6! And probably a 4L80E tranny. I'll be studying hard knowing that once I graduate I'll be able to make my car sweet. Dreaming of my mods will make me study harder too! It looks like a long, hard road but in the end it'll be great.

Matt
Old 12-05-2001, 07:27 PM
paso
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Looks like I'll be putting off mods on my car for the next 5 years. (Golden80)

Good Luck smart choice:) you'll have the $ to do many mods later:)
Old 12-05-2001, 08:41 PM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Looks like I'll be putting off mods on my car for the next 5 years. (Golden80)

I'll be studying hard knowing that once I graduate I'll be able to make my car sweet. Dreaming of my mods will make me study harder too! It looks like a long, hard road but in the end it'll be great.

Matt
Good Luck. You have your motivation in your '80.
Old 12-05-2001, 09:16 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude, dont sweat it....i am in college now, and really cant afford to do many mods at all, but always find a way to do little things one at a time....

Good Luck in school tho!!
Old 12-05-2001, 09:32 PM
Chris Fowler
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'10

School now, mods later. Great choice. :yesnod:
Old 12-05-2001, 09:35 PM
Tom454
Le Mans Master

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Re: Looks like I'll be putting off mods on my car for the next 5 years. (74VETTE)

"... always find a way to do little things one at a time...."

That's what I was going to say. You won''t be able to stay away... she will call you... come hither...
Just a light caress... anything... but you will not be able to stay completely away.

Don't worry... you won't be alone... you have your support group. :)

Old 12-05-2001, 09:37 PM
VTHokie77Vette
Racer

Default Re: Looks like I'll be putting off mods on my car for the next 5 years. (Chris Fowler '80)

That's my goal too. I'm doing little things, but when i graduate from here with my engineering degree (hopefully in two more years, but its killing me now), I'm going to go nuts on the the big things.
Old 12-05-2001, 10:07 PM
mean8t
Racer

Default Re: Looks like I'll be putting off mods on my car for the next 5 years. (VTHokie77Vette)

Good luck to all on your degrees, engineering is not for the faint of heart. Many try and many fail but if you set your mind to it you will make it. ONce you graduate and pass your EIT exam, you will have more time (and money) to put into the car. I was always able to scrounge enough up for a few mods, now and then, and I had to support a family. Just get a part time job some where and save a little here and there and you should be good. Make sure the the JC that you are going to has a good pre engineering program that will transfer to the college of your choice. Take it from some one who has been there and done that you will waste two years if the credits won't transfer into your degree. Good luck
Old 12-05-2001, 10:13 PM
KorbenDallas
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got out of college with a 2 year technical degree, got my current job, and then bought my vette. I'm also going back, probably getting a new place, etc. etc.

I'm going to have to put off the paint job, fender flares, wheels, etc until I make more money. That will probably be after I graduate since I will be marketable by then.

Take pride that you HAVE a Vette. There are thousands of people out there that don't even have that opportunity to own one. I just got back from a night out in the Vette and I am thankful that I own one and I'm not sweating the mods that I could be doing saving up for! Hope this makes you feel better.. :seeya

[Modified by FroDaddy, 9:14 PM 12/5/2001]
Old 12-05-2001, 11:10 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: Looks like I'll be putting off mods on my car for the next 5 years. (FroDaddy)

im in a crap college right now(its a breeze, and Im not trying to imply Im smart). next fall I'll be going to a semi-respectable one, and hopefully after that I'll go to harvard( :eek: ). My mistake was goofing off in highschool, so now I have to go the long way to get the degree I want from the school I want, but I do not mind it yet. Once I start at UNC next fall, I will not be alloud to work. Im going for a masters in architecture, and from what I hear the deadlines are so outragous that I probably won't even get much sleep because I will be working so hard. So right now Im trying to get a job while Im at the breeze school, so I can get some mods out of my system to hopefully calm the need for upgrades once i hit the "cannot work" stage.

Good luck at college, its fun. And I am being serious.

Daniel
Old 12-05-2001, 11:18 PM
MIKER
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

A knowledge upgrade! That is the best "bang for the buck modification" going these days!
:cheers:
More education = better job = better pay check = better toys! :D
Old 12-05-2001, 11:26 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Looks like I'll be putting off mods on my car for the next 5 years. (MIKER)

Good Luck to you. :) Buckle down, school comes first, play time comes later. :) And whatever you do, finish up all the schooling you plan on doing before you hit the job market. BELIEVE ME, it's tough to go to engineering grad school part time when you've got 2 corvettes, a husband and a 6 year old daughter. :eek: I did my MS part time - married, no kid back then. You'd have thought I would have learned that by now... but NO, I had to go back to school again. :p: :jester I'm still waiting for the part where my *experience* in the job market will help me in school... :crazy: :rolleyes:
Old 12-06-2001, 12:27 AM
SteveG75
Le Mans Master

Received 521 Likes on 351 Posts

Default Re: Looks like I'll be putting off mods on my car for the next 5 years. (Juliet)

Have fun at school but at least try to drive the Vette weekly to keep the blood flowing.

My wife went to CSU. Some really good places to get a beer in Fort Collins (New Belgium Brewery comes to mind for some reason). :cheers:
Old 12-06-2001, 12:53 AM
Golden80
Race Director

Default Re: Looks like I'll be putting off mods on my car for the next 5 years. (SteveG75)

Have fun at school but at least try to drive the Vette weekly to keep the blood flowing.

My wife went to CSU. Some really good places to get a beer in Fort Collins (New Belgium Brewery comes to mind for some reason). :cheers:
I'll be able to get to my car pretty much anytime I want to and will definately drive it. Or have my father drive it. (He gripes about some of the little things in it but I know he loves driving it. He's always wanted a Vette and I just happened to get mine before he did.)

And oh yes...I love Fat Tire. And Sunshine Wheat. I don't plan on drinking much in school though because I won't have time to. And plus I don't want it interfering with my studies.

Matt
Old 12-06-2001, 12:54 AM
Steve439
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Education rules. The doors it opens will amaze you.

I used to DREAM of owning a Vette. Now I've got two.

I just goofed off until I got into my masters program.
Then I got with the program and got my 4.0
I'd say take it as seriously as you'd take the overhaul
of your motor. Don't just do what you're assigned -
live it for a few years. Spend many off hours learning
more than anyone else in your classes. You'll kick butt,
get killer grades, and get a job that will pay off in Vettes
and other stuff.

Best of luck.
Old 12-06-2001, 01:01 AM
Golden80
Race Director

Default Re: Looks like I'll be putting off mods on my car for the next 5 years. (Steve439)

I know I will be doing more than what's assigned. Even though I haven't been going to school for the past 2 years I still learn some great stuff from people at work, my parents, and the crazy folks in the Off Topic section of the Corvette Forum. I know I'll be able to do well too because I've worked in this "High School Degree Real World" and I don't like it. (To those of you with just HS degrees I in no way mean that to be an insult. That's just my personal circumstances.)
Old 12-08-2001, 01:44 AM
Carl in LA
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Education is the high-odds way to increase your earning power and get a better job... It worked for me. I finished high school and looked at vettes, I finished a Bachelors Degree and own a vette... If I were to finish a JD or a MD I would own a Z06 (either series)! It works both ways too... the world is a way better place with higher education.

Get notified of new replies

To Looks like I'll be putting off mods on my car for the next 5 years.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looks like I'll be putting off mods on my car for the next 5 years.