Old 02-24-2008, 03:14 AM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Default WTF, who's driving this bus?

I don't visit here regularly anymore. But is there any discernible direction to this place these days? It just seems to me to be in an utter state of chaos. Discuss.....
Old 02-24-2008, 03:47 AM
psychodiagnostik
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have noticed that it seems like it's all of a sudden a big deal to not complete your "profile", judging from the recent posts with the gist of "fill out your profile dammit!". I never knew it was a problem, I figured some folks just limited the amount of identifying info they put on the Internet (not a bad idea if you ask me).
Old 02-24-2008, 04:37 AM
RRT vette
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by psychodiagnostik
I have noticed that it seems like it's all of a sudden a big deal to not complete your "profile)
I only look at profiles for member locations in the for sale section or when I address a member by there real name....usually in pm's
Old 02-24-2008, 05:28 AM
Happydad
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a shame that when a few heavy weights got bounced their "Clicke" followed...But.......
Attached Images  
Old 02-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I feel this site is going through a change as the type of people that now own C4s is changing. It seems that many of the new members are very argumentitve and unwilling to review facts before they reply. You know, "the I know more than you because I have more posts" syndrome. There is also the "burn out" factor. I'll still ask questions here just to see what answers are thrown back at me, but if I really need the correct word, it's off to the other C4 site. I still like to offer assistance here in hopes that it helps someone new to the Corvette lifestyle.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Iroc57
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must admit I was wondering what happened as well. I noticed that there are many more hostile and immature posts here than before.
There are more members here it seems so if you sift through the garbage you will still get good information eventually. You just have to be prepared for the "my opinion is fact" guys or the "spelling police" posts when you do ask a question.
I do find those types entertaining so the can be a fun read and I don't agree with locking a post because of them. They have a right to post completely unrelevant information or childish remarks and we have a right not to read them.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:21 AM
zr1fred
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

This is still the premier internet site, and there is still alot of knowlede here. Actually, I've noticed it's been alot more civl here in the past few months. I've also noticed that since most of the guys on the other sites are buddies, they've toned down their attitudes over there. Still, I will admit alot of the outspoken members have taken their experience away. But, people move on, kinda reminds me of a neighborhood bar I used to go to.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:32 AM
IcemanZ06
Le Mans Master

I've been here over 7 years and honestly dont see much difference in the site. Off topic is a little more controlled then it used to be but you can thank "Willa" and some others for that one lol (most of you probably dont even know who that was).

As for C4, its steadily getting more traffic than it used to as more first time owners pick up these cars for unbelievably low prices. Throw in the usual "C4 owners are poor" stigma and it gets kind of interesting so its resulted in some bans. As the C4 gets closer to becoming a classic I think you'll see this board transition much like the C3 board did a couple years back. JMHO
Old 02-24-2008, 09:40 AM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Strick
I feel this site is going through a change as the type of people that now own C4s is changing. It seems that many of the new members are very argumentitve and unwilling to review facts before they reply. You know, "the I know more than you because I have more posts" syndrome. There is also the "burn out" factor. I'll still ask questions here just to see what answers are thrown back at me, but if I really need the correct word, it's off to the other C4 site. I still like to offer assistance here in hopes that it helps someone new to the Corvette lifestyle.
Several of the banned folks were rude and very unhelpful to a lot of people (usually new folks) on the site. 8 years ago there was a guy on here with a ridiculous number of posts that knew relatively little about C4s, yet people constantly asked for his advice. Its not something new.

I have read and posted on this forum for a very long time and personally don't feel that the few members that have left to play at their own party have taken any amount of knowledge thats not still here.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 388 Likes on 320 Posts

Whining threads about how low the forum is now have been going on for some time. Do something positive there have been enough complaint threads.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:46 AM
braktrcr
Advanced

I am fairly new here, but I have found it helpful and friendly. I'm sure there is a fair amount of rude folks, and some may be young and some may be older, but that is the nature of any free site. I think it's a bit better to just ignore anyone that is being foolish, otherwise you just give them grist for their mill....... but what do I know, I'm new : )
Old 02-24-2008, 10:48 AM
t-93
Instructor

I have been a proud C4 owner for about two years....I have been coming to this site for your help several times, have heard from a couple of ******....but have received alot of good info that would have cost me alot of money to diagnose at a shop. There will always be the pissers and moaners, but I know as a whole this is a good group..Thanks agian for all of your help.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:13 AM
92LRC
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I check in on both sites but I spend more time here simply because there are more new posts to read here than there.

I posted the same tech question on both sites. I received no replies on C4 but I did receive a few helpful ones here. My guess is that either there's not enough people reading posts over there that don't have to do with bashing this site or that no one cared to respond to the question (maybe it was a stupid one in their opinion).

Either way I couldn't care less about all the site bashing or who's here and who's there. These sites are tools for information as well as a social gathering place at times. There are some people that visit the sites and post simply to get a rise out of somebody. I gues they live for that. I've gotten flamed a couple of times and I've simply chosen to ignore the idiot(s) and they usually go away.

In a nutshell I will keep visiting the sites for info and when needed I will post questions and hope I get a good response until I either get bored or sell my car. I will also give out whatever limited knowledge I have accumulated since owning a C4. But overall I have found this site to be way more helpful than any others.

Damn that was long.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:24 AM
mtnman
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18

Originally Posted by 92LRC

Damn that was long.

(But I agree with what you said )
Old 02-24-2008, 11:35 AM
arizonaames269
Racer

Originally Posted by t-93
I have been a proud C4 owner for about two years....I have been coming to this site for your help several times, have heard from a couple of ******....but have received alot of good info that would have cost me alot of money to diagnose at a shop. There will always be the pissers and moaners, but I know as a whole this is a good group..Thanks agian for all of your help.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:04 PM
redwing76
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zr1fred
This is still the premier internet site, and there is still alot of knowlede here. Actually, I've noticed it's been alot more civl here in the past few months. I've also noticed that since most of the guys on the other sites are buddies, they've toned down their attitudes over there. Still, I will admit alot of the outspoken members have taken their experience away. But, people move on, kinda reminds me of a neighborhood bar I used to go to.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:05 PM
Tommy T-Bone
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

............. ..................

And that's all I have to say about that.

Get notified of new replies

To WTF, who's driving this bus?

Old 02-24-2008, 03:02 PM
C4boy
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zr1fred
This is still the premier internet site, and there is still alot of knowlede here. Actually, I've noticed it's been alot more civl here in the past few months.
There's a lot less of the same, confrontational replies you'd come to expect from certain members.

And, as C4s drop in price, you've got a lot of new people picking them up for the first time and more young buyers. So, there's no doubt some of the questions and perspectives are going to change.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:21 PM
MostWanted
Drifting

There is still a plethora of information on the forum regardless of who is no longer here. I guess we have to make the best of it.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:06 PM
KnightmareVette
Drifting

I still lurk about here every day, but I don't post much anymore. This place just doesn't seem to be as much fun as it used to. Besides just being technical resources, this place had the atmosphere of not only friends, but almost like family. I don't really get that vibe anymore, but I'll still be here to the bitter end.

Quick Reply: WTF, who's driving this bus?