C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuild Speedometer

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 09:43 PM
8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Rebuild Speedometer

Awhile back someone had a phone number or e-mail address for a guy who sends you a rebuild 160 mph speedometer and you mail him your old 1981 85 mph speedometer.......anyone have the phone number or e-mail? :seeya
Old 12-04-2001, 10:35 PM
Maurice
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Rebuild Speedometer (8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE)

Now that you car goes 160 MPH you want to test it? :D
Old 12-04-2001, 11:10 PM
8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE
Race Director

Default Re: Rebuild Speedometer (Maurice)

Maurice,
My family asked me to make my Birthday and Christmas wish list out.....my birthday is Dec 8, so they want to buy things for the Vette....I'm including the rebuilt speedo in my list....also included the 3:73 gears.....however I don't think they'll go $1000.00 for 3:73 gears on a pimp daddy dirt bag dad like me. I can dream though......I'd like to try your Drag Radials on my car one of these nights at the track.....how's it going?.....you get the beast up and running?......Jim wrecked his 87 Calloway in the H-3 tunnels this past Sunday...he's okay,...however car climbed the walls in there and suffered major damage.... :seeya
Old 12-04-2001, 11:28 PM
Maurice
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Rebuild Speedometer (8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE)

Maurice,
My family asked me to make my Birthday and Christmas wish list out.....my birthday is Dec 8, so they want to buy things for the Vette....I'm including the rebuilt speedo in my list....also included the 3:73 gears.....however I don't think they'll go $1000.00 for 3:73 gears on a pimp daddy dirt bag dad like me. I can dream though......I'd like to try your Drag Radials on my car one of these nights at the track.....how's it going?.....you get the beast up and running?......Jim wrecked his 87 Calloway in the H-3 tunnels this past Sunday...he's okay,...however car climbed the walls in there and suffered major damage.... :seeya
It might be cheaper to just buy the 3.73 gears and have them put in rather than buying a whole new differential. ( http://www.tomsdifferentials.com/cat26.htm ). Anytime you want to try the drag radials feel free to swing by and pick them up, you can put them on here and drive out or pick them up and take them with you. Is Jim going to be able to get the car back on the road or is it a total loss? I would think that for a Calloway it would really have to be tore up before it would be totaled. How did he his the wall of the tunnel?

[Modified by Maurice, 5:32 PM 12/4/2001]
Old 12-04-2001, 11:55 PM
8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE
Race Director

Default Re: Rebuild Speedometer (Maurice)

Maurice,
Thanks for allowing me the use of your Drag Radials. I prefer going with the whole enchilada verses buying just the gears.....not too many places here in the islands I would trust building up a Corvette differential...that's almost rocket science to some of these master blasters,....and don't you just know they'll claim the rear end failed because I bought faulty gears or raced the car too much....never would they admit it was their inexperience....Jim's car is sitting up at Bills for an assessment of damages...seems he hit a slippery spot on the road in there and car went for the walls.....Really feel for him.....he was getting ready to ship out to the mainland on a military transfer....he claims the car may be repaired prior to ship date.....so don't think it's a total :seeya

Get notified of new replies

To Rebuild Speedometer

Quick Reply: Rebuild Speedometer