C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nice piece of trim...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 06:08 PM
71roadster
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Nice piece of trim...

I had my windsheild trim off while replacing the glass and decided that the trim was too dinged up from age and removal for re-installation. After perusing the various vendors and balking at the $80 -$120 price tag (for just the top piece) I looked at used but none of them were any better. The used parts guy referred me to 'bumper' place and they quoted me $35! Worth a shot so I took it in and WOW! It looks GREAT! Much better solution than buying new! Of course I may have to take the side pieces in for matching polishing. If you are replacing your windshield or just need new trim for whatever reason, this kind of place can repair your old stuff at a fraction of the price of new. Ill bet they could even do the side pieces along the bottom.

While there I asked about bumpers and he said to strip the chrome, repair any dents, polish the bare metal, and triple-chrome would be $225 for the front and $175 for each of the rears! Much cheaper than replacing and you would end up with a much nicer finish. Maybe when it is time to paint...
Old 12-03-2001, 07:53 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: Nice piece of trim... (71roadster)

I was expecting the other kind of trim. Lots of curves :D :D :D

Quick Reply: Nice piece of trim...