C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which suspension kit NOT to buy

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 01:24 PM
MoneyPit
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which suspension kit NOT to buy

I will be ordering a front suspension rebuild kit in the next week or so. I know there has been numerous post about the virtues and vices of the different kits. However, I want an all inclusive (less springs) rebuild kit to restore to about orginal (i.e., I am not opposed to graphite if it is better). Can you guys give me some insight on the kits to absolutely NOT go with b/c of customer service, poor performance, defective or inferior products or high price.
I remember a post not too long ago where someone stated that almost all these kits are manufactured by the same company. Therefore, can someone tell me which company to deal with direct to save a few bucks. Thanks..
Old 12-03-2001, 02:59 PM
phoenix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Which suspension kit NOT to buy (MoneyPit)

I did a ton of research about 2 weeks ago.

I ended up ordering the deluxe front end kit with poly bushings from Zip.

It was $40-180 cheaper than all of the other companies and they actually sent both tie rod ends (inner and outer) So only the sleeves are missing, but the originals can be reused. The idler arm is larger than the stock one, but not as large as the HD one from Vette brakes.

The springs and bearings I got from Vette brakes, the prices are all about the same on these, but the springs are powder coated from VBP.

I was torn between the Muskegon and Zip kit, but the muskegon kit was more expensive and only included the outer tie rod end.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-03-2001, 03:30 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Zip is a supporting vendor also, so you might be able to get a discount by going through them ;) .
Old 12-03-2001, 11:01 PM
DP77Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Got mine from Volunteer Products. Very satisfied!!! :) :yesnod: :D They're very good to work with and reasonable, too. :chevy

Get notified of new replies

To Which suspension kit NOT to buy

Quick Reply: Which suspension kit NOT to buy