C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone own a VW Passat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 12:42 PM
Red73
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Anyone own a VW Passat?

I'm looking at a 2002 VW Passat wagon for my wife, anyone own one and what's your experience been with the car?
Sorry, I went to post in off topic and after reading the post titles I thought it might get lost between the babe of the day, the babe from yesterday, and the babe before that. :jester

[Modified by Red73, 11:02 AM 12/3/2001]
Old 12-03-2001, 12:43 PM
Neo Fender
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Anyone own a VW Passat? (Red73)

They have babes over in off-topic!!!! Yee-haw I am out of here. :crazy: :p: :yesnod: :eek:
Old 12-03-2001, 12:58 PM
still-learning
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting that you posted this. I was literally thinking that I had a question that I wanted to ask but I was scared to put it in off-topic since I was so used to the C3 guys.

So I will ask: I have an '86 F150 that I am doing some work on for my dad. Any recommendations on ordering parts? Direct from Ford? From an indepedant?

Tim M.

P.S. Not direct experience w/ the Passat but I had a friend who owned a Jetta for 3 years mabye 4 years back and he said it was a mechanical nightmare. Always something broken...
Old 12-03-2001, 01:32 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Anyone own a VW Passat? (still-learning)

old girlfriend had one and it was a GREAT CAR...but for sure a chick ride
Old 12-03-2001, 01:59 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: Anyone own a VW Passat? (Alwyn678)

My brother in law has a Passat sedan. He did tons of research before buying it, and was not disappointed. Loves the car. Basically an Audi at a lower price. MJ
Old 12-03-2001, 03:40 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 756 Likes on 525 Posts

Default Re: Anyone own a VW Passat? (MNJack)

A guy I work with has a 99 sedan and he says he loves it. He also has a 99 wagon that he might be selling if you are interested but Texas is a long way away.
John
Old 12-03-2001, 06:09 PM
KATMAN
Advanced

Yep, I (my wife) own a 2001.5 Passat Wagon. So far I love that car. I have nothing but good to say about it and have had abolutely no buyers remorse. Some things I like are: smooth and solid ride, responsive sporty feel, high speed stability (cruising at 100 was smooth and sure-footed), doors shut solidly with hardly any effort, one of the best looking wagons out there, high quality feel on the interior, high consumer and crash ratings. We opted for the 1.8L turbo with tiptronic tranny. The combo works great for around town and freeway cruising, but passing power is a little lacking (but liveable). My wife has received many complements from total strangers (at the car wash, grocery store etc.) on how they liked her car. I am sooo glad I was able to persuade her into the Passat rather than the typical mini van or SUV (she is very happy too). We also considered the L Series Saturn Wagon, but it's feel was more of Grandma luxury vs. the VWs German sport feel. The color is Fresco Green with Black leather interior. We also got the sport package which includes the nice wheels.
BTW, the 2001.5 had many refinements that made for a more solid car. My buddy owns a 2000 model and I like mine a ton better. The fact that VW took a successful design and is now refining the small details makes me feel extra good about this car. Also as someone mentioned above, the Passat is based on the Audi A6 platform. You definately get more bang for the buck with Passat.
Well that's kinda it in a nutshell. If you have any specific questions, I can let you know my experience.

Anthony
Old 12-03-2001, 06:35 PM
jdunne
Burning Brakes

I have the 2001.5 sedan....1.8turbo,auto with tiptronic........i traded an audi a6 in on it........it is slightly narrower than the audi & almost the same length....the trunk space is marginally smaller......i have the leater interior with sunroof package..........very happy with it......john :chevy

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone own a VW Passat?

Quick Reply: Anyone own a VW Passat?