C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Finding Parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Cj_
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finding Parts

My question is just a general knowledge one, how do you find parts?

I recently pulled the carpet from my vette. And wanted to replace all the little rust pieces as I went. As i search online, it takes forever to find the pieces I am looking for, if at all.

I pulled out my 10yr old Corvette Pacifica catalog, which shows a "manual style" blow-up of the components and their parts available. This is proving to be indispensable.

(I know Bubba used anything he could get his hands on with my car)
Old 02-09-2008, 01:48 PM
ffas23
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

There are quite a few Corvette Vendors out there that you will find are supporting members of this forum if you look into the advertisements on this forum. Many should have what you need. Myself I prefer Corvette America and Wilcox based on my experience with them. I recommend you try them first. Call Ernie over at Wilcox. He goes out of his way for many to get them what they need.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:57 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

It's a LOT easier if you just get the catalogs from the major suppliers (Paragon, Corvette Central, Long Island Corvette Supply, Doc Rebuild, etc.); fumbling your way through most on-line catalogs is next to useless unless you know exactly what you're looking for, and it takes forever - takes seconds if you have the printed catalog, then you can order on-line. You also need the Assembly Manual if you don't have it.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:32 AM
ucc2ic65
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnZ
It's a LOT easier if you just get the catalogs from the major suppliers (Paragon, Corvette Central, Long Island Corvette Supply, Doc Rebuild, etc.); fumbling your way through most on-line catalogs is next to useless unless you know exactly what you're looking for, and it takes forever - takes seconds if you have the printed catalog, then you can order on-line. You also need the Assembly Manual if you don't have it.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Cj_
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I learn more every day. I wasnt aware of a lot of those parts suppliers. I am becoming a professional fumbler, it seems.

I will need to look into the Assembly Manual... I havent run across that yet (have the maintenance manuals).

Thank you,

Cj

Originally Posted by JohnZ
Old 02-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

CJ_,
The Assembly Instruction Manual for your car will be available from many of the vendors JohnZ listed. It's worth more than it costs!!!
Regards,
Alan

Get notified of new replies

To Finding Parts

Quick Reply: Finding Parts