C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Temp

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 09:45 AM
Koz

Default Exhaust Temp

I have an exhaust probe mounted on the drivers side exhaust y pipe. The probe is attached but the wires don't attach to anything. Is this an add on that Bubba never used or something that's suppose to be connected and bubba removed.
Old 12-03-2001, 09:52 AM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Default Re: Exhaust Temp (Koz)

Koz,
Is you 80 a Calif Vette? Those sold in Calif in '80 had a 305 cu in engine. Fifth digit in VIN would be an "H" if calif car. Base L48 was "8", optional L82 was "6".

Per the Corvette Black Book, "The California RPO LG4 305ci engine included stainless-steel tubular exhaust headers with an oxygen sensor in a"closed loop" system."

tom...
Old 12-03-2001, 10:17 AM
Koz

Default Re: Exhaust Temp (Tom73)

Tom73 - Thanks for the reply.. Per my vin number my '80 is not a California model. I also have the rams horn style exhaust manifolds. Would they have installed it on all '80's and just not used it on the non-California cars?
Old 12-03-2001, 10:35 AM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Exhaust Temp (Koz)

They definately sound like O2 sensors to me as well. Is the front "Y" the factory pipe?
JoeB
Old 12-03-2001, 06:07 PM
Shutdown1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Exhaust Temp (woodworkr)

........ I have the same type exaust probe on my car. It is an ad on (same Bubba) that probably went to an exaust temperature gauge at one time. Maybe the gauge was removed or never installed for some reason (they are bad about malfunctioning). You can get a gauge that will attach to the probe from Summitt racing if you want to hook things up. It is one of the more expensive gauges though, around $150, I think. Regards, Nice car!

'74 Turbocharged 350, "Molested to Perfection" , class of '71
Old 12-04-2001, 10:32 AM
Koz

Default Re: Exhaust Temp (woodworkr)

As far as I know the front pipe is original. It's SS Y pipe up front.. to the cat which doesn't look SS to the rear pipes which are not SS to new muflers. You know.. a Bubba special.. :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To Exhaust Temp

Quick Reply: Exhaust Temp