C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

are these good heads...or should I get vortec's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2001, 09:20 PM
TravMsns
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are these good heads...or should I get vortec's?

Are these good heads for my L-48? or would I be better off with vortec heads? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...700034&r=0&t=0

I plan on doin a cam, head, and intake swap soon, and I was wondering if these heads will liven up my L48, or should I stick to the vortecs?
Old 12-02-2001, 09:56 PM
tnt76vette
Drifting

Default Re: are these good heads...or should I get vortec's? (TravMsns)

Cant help ya much on the heads, but will offer some free advice: Dont purchase a cam until you have all the other parts in you're possession and are sure you're gonna use them.....Then come back here with all that info and ask for a cam recommendation....The cam gurus here will follow up with a cam or 2 that will be right on the money for your package........ :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :seeya :flag
Old 12-02-2001, 10:07 PM
ORVette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mortec lists those as 80-86 267/305 58cc castings. I'm no expert, but I think those are a pretty lightweight casting and probably not the best base on which to build a performance head. Vortec conversion kit through Jim Pace with heads, rockers, intake, gaskets, etc. is $729+shipping from Texas. Call your local machine shop(s) and see what they have to offer. Good luck.
Old 12-03-2001, 01:29 AM
nunus79
Drifting

Watch out for the small intake port size of 305 heads. Its probably less than optimum for a performance 350. Those would be good on a truck or other low rpm torquey type application.

[Modified by nunus79, 7:30 PM 12/2/2001]

Get notified of new replies

To are these good heads...or should I get vortec's?

Quick Reply: are these good heads...or should I get vortec's?