C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body work est.?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2001, 06:06 PM
C3Vettesrock
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body work est.?

How much $$ do you think it would cost to get the custom luggage rack that someone put on my vette taken off and then fiberglass the holes in and paint it. Has anyone had this done, I am thinking of doing it but I cant do it myself. Would need a body shop, does this seem expensive or cheap, if its cheap ill give the body shop a call and know if they are trying to rip me off or not. Last time i brought the car in from a parking lot accident they told me 200 to fix this crack in the rear then when i came to see how they were doing they didnt even start on the crack, just the rear bumper and were like oh i didnt know you meant that crack when i CLEARLY pointed it out and made clear and changed the price dramatically. any help would be most appreciated
Old 12-02-2001, 08:58 PM
Shutdown1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Body work est.? (C3Vettesrock)

I do fiberglass repair, paint and gel coat on boats. If the holes for the luggage rack on your car could be repaired without removing the gas tank I would say the job would cost $400-500.00. Add a labor rate of $40/hr for how long it would take to remove and replace the gas tank if necessary. Just to go out and buy enough paint, thinner, filler, etc., you would probably have $100 in it to do it yourself. Probably the best way you could come out on this is to just wait untill the whole car needs repainting and repair the lugggage rack holes at this time. You might also consider doing the hole repair yourself, and then just having someone spray the rear deck for you. Regards.

'74 Turbocharged 350 "Molested to Perfection", class of '71
Old 12-02-2001, 09:02 PM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Body work est.? (C3Vettesrock)

Have you considered just taking the rack off yourself. Ive seen some with the rack removed and they had these little plugs in the holes. It didnt look bad. Maybe one of the vendors supply thes plugs for this purpous. Anyone seen em before?

Get notified of new replies

To Body work est.?

Quick Reply: Body work est.?