Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

B&M 45044 6-Spd Manual Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Donn'sCpe
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default SOLD - B&M 45044 6-Spd Manual Shifter

Almost NEW:
Used for 5 months on 2007 C6 - Cost over $250 NEW. Have Original Box & papers. Refused to "Give it away" with my car. Like New! SOLD!

PM or email me at: lewisdonnm@aol.com

Last edited by Donn'sCpe; 02-05-2008 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Item SOLD
Old 02-05-2008, 09:16 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Donn!!! What did you do?!?!

Did you get rid of the C6 to get a Z06, like I did? Or are you on the list for a ZR1?????

For those of you thinking about a short-throw shifter, this is a great deal - I LOVE mine!!

There are a lot of shifters out there to chose from, and they all probably do about the same thing. If you're wondering about the B&M I took a video of mine in use in my '05, and I liked it so much I swapped it over to my Z06 and took some videos of it in there to show the shorter shift throw. Take a look in this other thread for info and videos:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1932654

Bob
Old 02-05-2008, 10:56 AM
steve m baker
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don, any issues with vibrations of the shifter at any times. Have heard a lot of bad things about that problem.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Donn'sCpe
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default steve m baker

STEVE:
I know it's a much better shifter than OEM was that I had in my 2007. Can't really comment about your question because I've only had experience with this one. Check out the BEZ06 Sound Clip OR ask some others about it.

I don't really think it is "worse" than any of the other after market shifters. Also depends if you install the shifter with that in mind. some have tried to "silence" their shifters with additional material to eliminate any type of sound from vibrations, etc. But this also means less positive & a little less quicker shifts. I really think it depends on what you want to improve upon from the OEM factory shifter.

Hope that helps!
Old 02-05-2008, 12:45 PM
steve m baker
Racer

Thanks Don, I have alot to consider in buying a aftermaket shifter.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Donn'sCpe
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I recommend you take as muh time as you need to be satisfied. I've seen quite a few great things about the Callaway and new MGW shifters. I'm sure there are many more excellent products out there. my main appeal is to a guy looking for a shifter better than stock and for its "almost new" condition, I think my asking price (compared to NEW) makes mine a really GOOD deal for someone!
Old 02-05-2008, 02:27 PM
steve m baker
Racer

Old 02-05-2008, 06:27 PM
steve m baker
Racer

PM sent
Old 02-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Donn'sCpe
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default B&M C6 Shifter Question Answered

Does the shifter have stops?

No - You reuse the stock plastic pivot cup on the B&M shifter, remove stock rubber bushings (optional) & install B&Ms new rubber bushings under shifter base. Reinstall shifter base bolts (4), then install B&M shifter to OEM base plate you just secured w/ original stock shifter bolts. Replace all foam ,wiring to switches/cigarette lighter & reattach console. Last install either factory C6 **** or any C5 Screw-on aftermarket ****. That's it. No where does it say anything about stops or adjusting stops. Donn
Old 02-05-2008, 09:04 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by Donn'sCpe
Does the shifter have stops?

No - You reuse the stock plastic pivot cup on the B&M shifter, remove stock rubber bushings (optional) & install B&Ms new rubber bushings under shifter base. Reinstall shifter base bolts (4), then install B&M shifter to OEM base plate you just secured w/ original stock shifter bolts. Replace all foam ,wiring to switches/cigarette lighter & reattach console. Last install either factory C6 **** or any C5 Screw-on aftermarket ****. That's it. No where does it say anything about stops or adjusting stops. Donn
with Donn

I've put my B&M on 2 different cars and there aren't any "stops" or any adjustment of any kind to do.

There are adjustments that can be made to the linkage - way down below the shifter where the pivot ball/cup go into the linkage to the rod that runs back to the transmission - but you don't mess with that. Unless they screwed that up at the factory or something comes loose in there, don't mess with it.

Just bolt the shifter on and start shifting!!

The only thing I might mention is that, when I got mine it was set up for putting into a C5. I had to take the top several inches of the shift lever off and rotate it 180 degrees for a C6 installation.

Donn, I assume you have already done that on this one that you're selling - is that right?

Bob
Old 02-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Donn'sCpe
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default I had no problems at all with my installation!

I read my directions very carefully and it DID note to turn it 180 degrees for the C6 vice leaving it in the C5 position. Very thorough installation instructions w/lots of pictures!

I agree totally with BEZ06 on all his discussion points!

Get notified of new replies

To B&M 45044 6-Spd Manual Shifter

Quick Reply: B&M 45044 6-Spd Manual Shifter