C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Q" ? for twoRottiedogs

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2001, 10:06 AM
BeachinVette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default "Q" ? for twoRottiedogs

Hey Mike
I noticed in a previous post you said you painted your Headers with ceramic paint. Where did you buy it at? Auto parts store? paint store?
BTW Beatiful dogs! I lost my Rottie in May to cancer he was 9 yrs. I Really miss that guy.
Thanks
Bob
Old 12-02-2001, 10:47 AM
tworottiedogs
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: "Q" ? for twoRottiedogs (76 Red)

I am on my way out to the garage. I'll have an answer for you in a minute.....
Old 12-02-2001, 10:55 AM
tworottiedogs
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: "Q" ? for twoRottiedogs (76 Red)

It is Dupli-color High Heat with ceramic. Bought it at the auto parts store. I can't remember which on but it was either Autozone or NAPA.

Color: Aluminum DH1606

It's still looking good but the car hasn't moved so I don't concider that a complete test of the paint.

As for the Rotties, it is tough to lose these big guys. The last litter we sold, most of the 9 went to previous rottie owners. The major flaw in owning a big dog is that their lifespan is too short and it is rough to lose a member of the family that quick.
Old 12-02-2001, 11:41 AM
BeachinVette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: "Q" ? for twoRottiedogs (tworottiedogs)

Hey Mike
I appretiate the paint numbers, The ceramic on my headers has pin holes of rust coming through the paint. I don`t want to pay $125 to have them redone yet they are not bad enough for that I just want to touch them up.

Yeah I am not sure if we are going to get another Rott or not. I have not concidered getting a pup until I have seen the pics of yours. I showed the family your pics and they all said I miss "Kooter". So I don`t know if they are ready yet either. Thanks for the info on the paint and good luck with the car it is a sweet car. I am in the put back together stage now. I am making a run to Ecklers tomorrow. It is nice to only live 20 miles from them, but I bet you can guess were my money goes!!. I will post pics soon. I have to run home for lunch, still at work.
Thanks
Bob
Old 12-02-2001, 02:07 PM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Received 473 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

Default Re: "Q" ? for twoRottiedogs (tworottiedogs)

As for the Rotties, it is tough to lose these big guys. The last litter we sold, most of the 9 went to previous rottie owners. The major flaw in owning a big dog is that their lifespan is too short and it is rough to lose a member of the family that quick.
Tell me about it. I lost my Rott a year ago in August. He was 11 and had some sort of stomach tumour. My wife is a veterinarian and did her best to save him. Not that I'm a lonely person, but he was the best friend I ever had and it was a terrible loss for me. Fortunately, he didn't die a long painful death and I didn't have make the decision to have him euthanized. He was a very happy and healthy dog, and all of a sudden, one day he was dying. Death is a part of life. I still miss that dog.

Get notified of new replies

To "Q" ? for twoRottiedogs

Quick Reply: "Q" ? for twoRottiedogs