C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found something cool last night regarding mufflers while surfing.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2001, 11:50 AM
63Banshee
Melting Slicks

Location: WANTED: '68 rear valance with b/u light assemblies IM, e-mail, or PM me here. Thanks!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Found something cool last night regarding mufflers while surfing.

You may already know this but Dynomax has sound files on their Web site. I haven’t looked yet but I bet other manufactures do as well.

They have about 20 files of OEM mufflers, super turbo, Ultra Flo Stainless, and Ultra Flo welded on 4 or 5 different cars. This may be of help for all you guys that keep asking about best sounding mufflers.

I’ll surf the other manufactures today for more sound files.

http://www.dynomax.com/sounds.stm
Old 12-01-2001, 12:34 PM
Captain Morgan
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Default Re: Found something cool last night regarding mufflers while surfing. (63Banshee)

Flowmaster has some sounds on their site too. Unfortunately, they didn't test the mufflers on the same car so you can't really tell what difference each makes. Not to mention the fact that every muffler will sound different on different cars due to engine specs, pipe size, balance tube, etc. Can't expect them to test all combinations but I bet it would help their sales a tiny bit. Probably cost more than it's worth to them, though.

Edit: Just checked out the dynomax site. Now that's what I wanted, a nice comparo of stock and other mufflers on the same car and also on various engines.

[Modified by sharklover, 10:40 AM 12/1/2001]
Old 12-01-2001, 01:02 PM
ScubaJKD
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Found something cool last night regarding mufflers while surfing. (sharklover)

You can order an exaust sounds CD from Mid America and listen before your buy. I tried this on my C5 before I purchased the Indy Pace Care exhaust and was very pleased with the results. Any due diligence you can do before spending a thousand buck I am all for. WAV. of the future so to speak :lol:
Old 12-01-2001, 01:45 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: Found something cool last night regarding mufflers while surfing. (63Banshee)

PUT ON AS SET OF WIDE OPEN HEADERS, THEN YOU CAN HEAR IT!!!!! :cool:
Old 12-01-2001, 02:32 PM
63Banshee
Melting Slicks

Location: WANTED: '68 rear valance with b/u light assemblies IM, e-mail, or PM me here. Thanks!

Default Re: Found something cool last night regarding mufflers while surfing. (mrvette)

Ok :confused:

Get notified of new replies

To Found something cool last night regarding mufflers while surfing.

Quick Reply: Found something cool last night regarding mufflers while surfing.