C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

christmas came early...roller cam is in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2001, 07:50 AM
randy72
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default christmas came early...roller cam is in!!!

Special delivery from summit, new crane hydraulic roller (509/528, 224/230 @.050) along with the hydraulic roller conversion kit...now if my brother in law would just finish porting my heads!!!! I actually can't wait until winter is in full swing so that I can tear into putting the new engine in the car!!!.
Old 11-30-2001, 11:00 AM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,331 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Default Re: christmas came early...roller cam is in!!! (randy72)

Great! Another to join the roller ranks. Are you going to add 1.6 rockers to get some more lift?
Old 11-30-2001, 11:22 AM
MikeC
Melting Slicks

Default Re: christmas came early...roller cam is in!!! (gkull)

I'm droolin over here!

How much did the whole setup cost?

[Modified by MikeC, 9:22 AM 11/30/2001]
Old 12-01-2001, 09:24 AM
randy72
Drifting

Default Re: christmas came early...roller cam is in!!! (MikeC)

gkull,

I'm undecided on the rockers. I'm running LT1 valve covers and don't want to change them, so I don't know what will fit between them and the cam. Any suggestions??? I'd like to have a full roller rocker, but I also know that Bence had a roller tip set for sale fairly cheap .

Mikec,

The setup was just under $1000 for the cam, and kit (pushrods, fuel pump rod, lifters, springs, retainers, blah, blah, blah. That was with a 10% off coupon from Summit. The prices everywhere I checked were within a few $$, so the 10% off coupon was the reason for ordering through summit. I also ordered a new oil pan and pump at the same time (another $140). The box was huge, so I had to fess up to the wife about what I was buying and how much....She just said "OK". I knew there was a reason that I married her.

My bro-in-law suggested the cam. He thinks that between it, the stroker crank and ported Lt1 heads, I should be in the high 12's. Low 12's if I'd buy some gears and slicks....Personally I'll just be happy to see it break out of the 15's (for a while anyway).

Get notified of new replies

To christmas came early...roller cam is in!!!

Quick Reply: christmas came early...roller cam is in!!!