C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

white face gauge install in 78

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2001, 03:27 AM
Sting Raycin
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default white face gauge install in 78

I saw where someone had posted a white-faced gauge install in a 77. I wondered if anyone had done this in a 78. If so what gauges did you use?? problems??pictures?? I know the center gauges on my 78 on connected to a printed circuit and the car won't start when it is disconnected, how did you get around these things?
thanks in advance
Jason
:flag :chevy
Old 11-30-2001, 08:35 AM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: white face gauge install in 78 (jdharkey)

I believe it was FAUXRS or something like that. He used Autometer Phantom series. If he sees this he'll be able to help you out!!! Good luck!
:cheers:
Old 11-30-2001, 11:59 AM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed Autometer Phantoms in my 78 early this year - I have a zip file containing basic instructions and wiring diagrams if you would like.

There were no problems at all - and unfortunately no install pictures - the biggest issue is the opening in the center console have the flat spot at the bottom of the guage opening - this has to be cut out to fit the round guage - the cut is visible unless you cover the cluster face (like I did) - I covered it with the woodgrain kit you see.

In the speedo cluster you have to fabricate new panels into which the guages install - these can be glued or fastened with the original screws - i did both.

Since I reused most of the factory senders - fuel and temp - the oil pressure guage is mechanical for accuracy - i just spliced into the factory harness.

[Modified by fauxrs, 8:03 AM 11/30/2001]
Old 12-03-2001, 05:07 PM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ttt

Get notified of new replies

To white face gauge install in 78

Quick Reply: white face gauge install in 78