Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

24 Hours of Daytona

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 08:21 PM
DT
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by DT; 01-26-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:12 AM
TLGunman
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great pix!!

I'll get some online soon, tonight I hope, nothing as spectacular as yours, I tend to shoot the unusual.

fyi, new desktop is the 91 pit photo
Old 01-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Big Kidd
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DT- Great pictures!! I went to this even in 2002. I went with a bunch of friends and we had a blast. The weather didn't look that good this year.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:08 PM
DT
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by TLGunman
Great pix!!

I'll get some online soon, tonight I hope, nothing as spectacular as yours, I tend to shoot the unusual.

fyi, new desktop is the 91 pit photo
Originally Posted by Future Vette
DT- Great pictures!! I went to this even in 2002. I went with a bunch of friends and we had a blast. The weather didn't look that good this year.
Thanks a bunch!

Umm, this is kind of awkward, but I have this awesome pot photo of you in the pit - guy bending over into the passenger side window. When I was running the slideshow with the wifey, she was like "Wow, check out the *bleep* on that guy" I can only hope it's you

I have an AMAZING picture of the #91 hood - it was propped behind the stands at the podium area. Felt like it really sort of captured some of the emotion of the event. I'll post that too.

As Dave can attest it was pretty crappy for the first 2/3rd's or so. Sunday was amazing though.

If anyone wants the full 3008x2000 version of any of these, I have those as well, and they're not quite as compressed. The #91 and #75 are also cropped. If anyone wants a specific size (like you're running a 1280x1024 or 1680x1050 monitor)I can knock that out too.

Here's few more pics - some of the "wounded" post race from the garage (I think this garage area was only GT cars).

Old 01-28-2008, 06:31 PM
DT
Le Mans Master

Yeah, this is it - I love this with the confetti, the aftermath of what it took to go 24 hours, the sort of quiet after the storm:

Old 01-28-2008, 11:32 PM
TLGunman
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DT
Thanks a bunch!

Umm, this is kind of awkward, but I have this awesome pot photo of you in the pit - guy bending over into the passenger side window. When I was running the slideshow with the wifey, she was like "Wow, check out the *bleep* on that guy" I can only hope it's you
Nope, my *bleep* stays on this side of the wall, I do my work in the design office, long before the race. I'd guess that is Tyler, or Ray in the picture...both are single.

I have an AMAZING picture of the #91 hood - it was propped behind the stands at the podium area. Felt like it really sort of captured some of the emotion of the event. I'll post that too.
That is an awesome picture, the thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat...or at least the agony of the 24 hours.

Since this is a Corvette forum, here's a shot of one of our drivers that you may know...

The rest of the pix I have online are here:
http://www.infieldparking.com/Gunman/Photos/23193
Old 01-29-2008, 12:10 AM
DT
Le Mans Master

Nice Johnny O' pic - I would've like to have hooked up for an autograph.

A few more - cropped and tweaked the hairpin shot - that was during a real downturn in the weather just before evening (so low, ugly lighting) - since the #91 is kind of a grey color, I reduced the color sat of everything around it. That was through the fence over by the temp seating.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:45 AM
YorkL8apex
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

My first trip and I'll be back, enjoy a couple of pics as they head back onto Nascar Turn 1:

Quick Reply: 24 Hours of Daytona