C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just put in new Halogens....

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2001, 03:50 PM
NEW77GUY
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just put in new Halogens....

Hi all, just got done replacing all the lights- and i've run into a problem! When i put the high beams on, all 4 light up as they should....but when i go to low beam, my right headlight goes out. The old one used to work, and it does work when the high beams are activated....so is this electrical? Maybe a fuse or something? All help is appreciated, as this is my "work on the car" day....

:cheers:
Old 11-29-2001, 04:47 PM
rdrman
Racer

Default Re: Just put in new Halogens.... (NEW77GUY)

I replaced mine 2 years ago and had a problem something like yours,belive it or not one of the bulbs would work then when you switched to high beam the light would not come on all the time. Aftyer a while it just quit,bad bulb.It was Brand new and lasted only couple weeks...go figure..replacement still good :cheers:
Old 11-29-2001, 05:00 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

The high beam filament on the low beam unit is probably burned out. It is a double filament unit, believe it or not ;) .
Old 11-29-2001, 06:41 PM
NEW77GUY
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Just put in new Halogens.... (paul79)

The high beam filament on the low beam unit is probably burned out. It is a double filament unit, believe it or not ;) .
Thanks for the imput guys....but let me try again- as i don't think i was clear enough in my explanation last time. If i'm correct, then when the low beams are on, then only the 2 OUTSIDE lights should be lit up. My right OUTSIDE (or lowbeam) light is out when on the low beam setting- (meaning only my OUTSIDE left light works, or 1 out of 4).....but it DOES light up when you click on high beam and all 4 come on (very bright- BTW! :D ) So are you saying that the 2 outside (lowbeam) lights are dual filament? Hope everyone isn't as confused as i am reading this! :crazy: :crazy:
Old 11-29-2001, 07:07 PM
Wrencher
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep' they're dual filament. To test the bad bulb theory, switch it to the other side. I'd bet that's your problem... Also , when I put mine in, I had to lower them slightly as all the oncoming cars started "flashing" me after the change. A great improvement.

Hans

[Modified by Wrencher, 5:09 PM 11/29/2001]
Old 11-29-2001, 09:12 PM
Phlash
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Just put in new Halogens.... (Wrencher)

Ditto on the beams, Lo is dual and Hi is single element. :seeya
Old 11-29-2001, 09:16 PM
NEW77GUY
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Just put in new Halogens.... (Phlash)

thanks for the feedback guys....i'll switch them tomorrow....and get a new one if needed. :seeya
Old 12-01-2001, 04:42 PM
NEW77GUY
Melting Slicks

Just wanted to let you guys know...thanks for the help. Actually, i switched sides and there was no problem with the unit...just some faulty/loose wiring. I started to mess with it and it lit up like the sun! Thanks again for the feedback. :cheers:
Old 12-01-2001, 04:52 PM
Golden80
Race Director

Just wanted to let you guys know...thanks for the help. Actually, i switched sides and there was no problem with the unit...just some faulty/loose wiring. I started to mess with it and it lit up like the sun! Thanks again for the feedback. :cheers:
Gotta love those Halogens. I put some in mine about a month ago and people flash their brights at me thinking I have mine on. So after they flash theirs I flash mine. I've always wondered what the other drivers thought. :lol:

Matt

Get notified of new replies

To Just put in new Halogens....

Quick Reply: Just put in new Halogens....