Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Pre-Supercharger (Stock) Baseline Dyno - 469.0hp/443.9tq

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 07:11 PM
RyanITV
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre-Supercharger (Stock) Baseline Dyno - 469.0hp/443.9tq

Let me admit that my Ducati spoils me - it's wicked fast, so while the Z06 is fast, it still seems a bit sluggish in comparison. Fair? Not at all; but it's my own observation between my two favorite vehicles.

By sheer dumb luck, I asked my wife at the exact right moment about supercharging the Z06. Normally, I think she'd tell me how I didn't need it... for whatever reason she agreed and 2 weeks later, the car was enroute to Ed (MDMCZ06 - Late Model Speed in Indiana) from Delaware. LG Pro long tube headers, Corsa exhaust, Dewitts radiator, 160 degree thermostat, the ATI Procharger P-1SC-1 kit and tuning.

Just got this from him with a note of "... with SAE correction factor, 4500ft elevation, etc. This was the third pull, so the coolant temp was a little higher on this one. We dyno the cars indoors, but the room temp is about 64 deg..." - he said he usually sees 453-458rwhp; my car seems pretty strong. Car is running standard Delaware 93 octane with 10% ethanol.

Can't wait to see what it looks like with everything installed. We're coating the headers to try to lower underhood temps; I may do a couple track days with it this year if they run cars on an adjacent track when I'm there with my race bike. Heat is supposed to be an issue, so the coating should help...

Car is stock at this point; about 1000 miles on it. Here's the graph:

Ryan
Old 01-16-2008, 07:39 PM
427Z
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice baseline numbers.

so...you have to ask your wife for permission? i have never surrendered my pants
Old 01-16-2008, 07:46 PM
RyanITV
Advanced

Originally Posted by 427Z
nice baseline numbers.

so...you have to ask your wife for permission? i have never surrendered my pants
5 bikes (2 race-only ones), 2 trucks, 1 small trailer, 1 39' toy-hauler and one tends to tread lightly when it comes to discretionary purchases.

I think it's because she loves the new Z. We traded the '06 for a 911 (4 seats); I hated it, she was underwhelmed. The Z06 is the only vehicle we've ever agreed on... she enjoyed running it. Thank god she's happy with four wheels and doesn't want to try a sport bike; I'd be a widower in 3 months!

Ryan
Old 01-16-2008, 10:06 PM
jrubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you will love it my friend, with that kind of baseline I would expect to see 600+rwhp, its absolutely incredible!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:56 AM
0MDMCZ06
Former Vendor

Congrats Ryan

The next problem you'll have is your not going to get to drive it anymore when she gets ahold of it

And you think you talked her into the supercharger..............my friend, you got played like a violin

Ed
Old 01-17-2008, 12:43 PM
VETTETHREAT
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

great numbers...def. on the border of a factory freak as long as the A/F is safe. Good luck and let the modding begin!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 12:00 AM
evo8 MR
Racer

So you opened this topic about a "before-dyno numbers" and we haven't heard anything back, spit the beans. Did you ended installing it, did your car got totaled,burnt..what is the result?

Old 08-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by MDMCZ06
Congrats Ryan

The next problem you'll have is your not going to get to drive it anymore when she gets ahold of it

And you think you talked her into the supercharger..............my friend, you got played like a violin

Ed
Ed,

This car is bone stock? It has an unusual spike in torque that the Z's don't have as pronounced. It has the hump in the right area. Did you data log that pull? Looks like it could of been KR when it jumps that much......

Great #'s and most certainly on the high side with torque in the 440's! Good starter point. Now start stuffing it with air!

Howard
Old 08-29-2008, 10:06 AM
0MDMCZ06
Former Vendor

Hi Guys,

The results from this car were posted on a seperate thread, I'll have to try and find a link. The car made 645 RWHP on 6 psi, and ran very well! I haven't heard from the owner in a few months, but I assume everything is going well

Ed

Get notified of new replies

To Pre-Supercharger (Stock) Baseline Dyno - 469.0hp/443.9tq

Quick Reply: [Z06] Pre-Supercharger (Stock) Baseline Dyno - 469.0hp/443.9tq