C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your Input on 81 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2001, 12:30 AM
Lurch
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Your Input on 81 Exhaust

I'm looking for a "little" extra noise from the back end. I just bypassed the coverter and tied the pipes together making true duels (without a crossover). I got a sound increase doing that but looking for a touch more. It has the stock 2 1/4 pipes but the mufflers don't look stock. I could not find any name on them and only found this #- "32980". If I knew what these were, I would know which way to go. I'm kind'a leanin towards the Flowmaster Deltaflow or is it Deltaforce 50 series. I think the 40 series might be a bit too much. NOT that I'm afraid to make a little rumble, but this is my Wife's everyday driver. Any help on this would be great.
Old 11-29-2001, 09:47 AM
CHEESERAL
Racer

Default Re: Your Input on 81 Exhaust (Lurch)

I've got headers, a new high flow cat and Flowmaster 40's and mine not to loud but it's got a nice rumble. I think the cat cuts a lot of the sound tho.
Old 11-29-2001, 12:37 PM
vettesite
Burning Brakes

I have the 40 series delta flow mufflers on my modified true dual, H pipe, no cats '80. Classic Flowmaster metallic sound that rumbles at idle and scares children when I accelerate. It's loud but not annoying but their is a lot of internal resonance between 1600 - 1900 rpm. The only time I don't like the resonance is when I'm stuck in rush hour traffice and forced to drive in that rpm range.

Go with 50's if you are worried about it being too loud because the 40s will be loud.
Old 11-29-2001, 09:35 PM
MIKER
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

MIKER: How do the Delta Flows sound?
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=177587

Get notified of new replies

To Your Input on 81 Exhaust

Quick Reply: Your Input on 81 Exhaust