C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of selling zz4 corvette

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 11:13 PM
C3Vettesrock
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of selling zz4 corvette

Anyone intrested in a 1977 zz4 corvette? I can't do anything with it so I figure why pay all the money I pay. I guess I will just sell it and pay off my bills and get ready for college. Just put the zz4 in it last week...runs good. I dont know what I will do.
Old 11-28-2001, 11:23 PM
QuickVet
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Thinking of selling zz4 corvette (C3Vettesrock)

you just spent all that money on the car and motor. you havent even driven it a week and you want to sell it? what happened to you :confused:
Old 11-28-2001, 11:26 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: Thinking of selling zz4 corvette (Vetteboy)

thats what Im sayin...whats the deal with all these people selling their cars???

summer next year all of them will regret it. :jester

Daniel
Old 11-28-2001, 11:28 PM
C3Vettesrock
Racer

Dad told me I can NEVER take it to the speedway/drag strip EVER. He tells me its not a race car it was made for crusing the roads, so i say kiss that if i wanted to cruise I wouldnt be driving something that gets 10 miles to the gallon. So I said why not sell it and get my money back for college, really fed up with the way he is handling this. Too over-protective. I know some of you older guys are going to be like he is doing whats best for you...but you dont know the whole of it. He said when i had the 180hp 305 in it I never took it to the strip and always stayed home. Now I get a zz4 and want to go see how it runs the 1/4...its a long story...right now I'm very pissed ill say that much...
Old 11-28-2001, 11:31 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

cruisin is the BEST. and just thing, you can always smoke them durring a cruise with the ZZ4....kids LOVE that.

Anyway, some people will hate me for sayin this...but why don't you play with some honda's and acuras on the street...pa' won't know unless you do can't drive(hit something or get pulled)...a radar detector will solve 85% of the getting pulled part...(if your paced, you can't detect that, it just takes common since)...

Daniel
Old 11-28-2001, 11:35 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

:confused: :rolleyes: :crazy: :U :cry :( :bb :bs :nono: :sad: :nonod:
Old 11-28-2001, 11:35 PM
C3Vettesrock
Racer

Because...I hate street racers...I am a very safe driver and streets are not for racing, you not only put your life at risk, but innocent kids, children, men, women, and other people. I hate when a honda pulls up by me and revs his "engine" up if you want to call it that. I know I can beat him but i dont race because thats not how it works. I obey the law. So I was going to take it to the track, where it is legal to race and test out my time against my friends 74 and stuff. Well dad says no to that. He is way too overprotective. And a corvette was not made to JUST cruise, or it would have a weak 4 cyl that gets 60 miles to the gallon
Old 11-28-2001, 11:41 PM
C3Vettesrock
Racer

Anyone agree with me?
Old 11-28-2001, 11:41 PM
QuickVet
Race Director

i have been through sort of the same thing. my dad can really be a pain some times. eventually you have to just do it no matter what he says. and when something goes wrong and he says i told you so be prepared to ignore him. you gotta be your own man :yesnod:
Old 11-28-2001, 11:42 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

all I know is, I don't go to the trach, I don't street race, And even if Im driving the car to go somewhere(like school), I go slow and cruise...Thats the best part. But I guess I can see whats goin on from your point...all I can say is...keep it...show him you can be trusted, and next spring, when the tracks open back up, see if he will at least go and WATCH(only) some of the races, but don't bring up driving. Let him see how safe they are, then after a week or two, ask if he wants to go to another one, if he says yes, "jokingly" say "can I race??", if he says no, start laughing and be like "I know, I was just testing you", if he says yes, you can race.

I think if he sees them and how safe they are he may let you do it.

Daniel
Old 11-28-2001, 11:46 PM
C3Vettesrock
Racer

I graduate this year in a few months, all my friends that have their old vettes and novas and camaros and what not have always wanted me to go to the track with them. So I, yes thats right I as in me, bought a zz4 and I, me again, paid for it to be installed, and I, me once more, pay all my bills for it. Now that I get it back and is nearing the end of its break-in period want to go run it and see how the new engine runs, I get this ear full of BS. So if I wait till next spring, I will be in college and all my friends will be gone somewhere else. They worked on it with me and wait for it to be ready but get nothing...I'm very mad about this. grrrr
Old 11-28-2001, 11:53 PM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

If I had a Vette at your age, regardless of the restrictions from Dad, you'd need to pry that Vette steering wheel out of my fingers. Count your blessings. So you have a Vette that you can't take to the strip.???? :cry

I'm sure Dad will eventually come around---it might take a few years but you're young, you can wait him out!
Old 11-28-2001, 11:56 PM
C3Vettesrock
Racer

Yes I wish I could keep her...but I am paying ALOT!!! I stress ALOT!!!!! of money on that car. In gas, bills, and insurance. When I could do the same thing in a cheap car that would save me tons of money. I get about 20 dollars a month to myself off my paychecks each month. Plus I dont have alot of time to do calculus work for school and my grades have dropped a little bit. I personally dont think its me that needs to change, but they need to know that I am growing up and should be able to make at least some of my decisions. Its not like I'm going get drunk and buy a kilo or something. Im going to the drag strip with a few friends. Big difference...
Old 11-28-2001, 11:58 PM
C3Vettesrock
Racer

Also they dont have a very good arguement..."A corvette is not a race car...its not meant to go 100 mph. Its meant to cruise" Then why do they put so much hp in it? Im not getting 10 mpg to cruise...screw that
Old 11-29-2001, 12:09 AM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: Thinking of selling zz4 corvette (1970 Stingray)

If I had a Vette at your age, regardless of the restrictions from Dad, you'd need to pry that Vette steering wheel out of my fingers. Count your blessings. So you have a Vette that you can't take to the strip.???? :cry

I'm sure Dad will eventually come around---it might take a few years but you're young, you can wait him out!
wonderful point...when Im not driving mine Im wrenching on it...even stupid stuff like fixing the clock(in the process)...I pay a lot on mine too, and I don't even have a job. :eek:

Also, my calculous grade is higher then its ever been...my parents make me do my homework before I can work on the car....it helps.

Daniel
Old 11-29-2001, 12:10 AM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

I am interested, I may not be that far from you.
Old 11-29-2001, 12:26 AM
Flareside
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Meant to cruise :confused: My Vette has a big block, stiff suspension, no air conditioning, no power steering, no power brakes (no power anything!) right from the factory. This ain't no cruiser...

-Joe

Get notified of new replies

To Thinking of selling zz4 corvette

Old 11-29-2001, 01:40 AM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

Also they dont have a very good arguement..."A corvette is not a race car...its not meant to go 100 mph. Its meant to cruise" Then why do they put so much hp in it? Im not getting 10 mpg to cruise...screw that
You don't have to TELL him you're going to the track. If he asks just tell him you were "cruising". Just don't mention you and another car were doing it side by side.
Old 11-29-2001, 03:47 AM
nastee383
Melting Slicks

I'm sure your father feels he has your best interests at heart. I've found that going to the track and racing keeps me from driving irresponsibly on the street and it's alot safer also.
Old 11-29-2001, 05:05 AM
marky mark
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sell it if you need to go to college. A good education will (hopefully) assure you of a chance to get another 'Vette in the future.

Your Dad is right, actually. A '77 with 3:08 gears and an automatic was designed as a cruiser, no doubt about it. Flame me if you want, but 'vettes were not meant to be 1/4 mile cars, they were built for road racing. If you want a strip car go get a GTO or Roadrunner/GTX. :flag :chevy

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling zz4 corvette