C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

State Farm Insurance - Policies on the Vette with a 16-24 year old as an occasional driver

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 10:50 PM
mrbeaubo
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Default State Farm Insurance - Policies on the Vette with a 16-24 year old as an occasional driver

I am curious if anyone has State Farm Insurance.... and a son or daughter between the ages of 16 and 24... who has listed their child as a driver on the vette. Is it possible for the vette to be in the adult's name as a collector car/antique car/ or even regular car, with the young person as an occasional driver? If so, how much did this cost? If it's too expensive, my dad is going to be listed as the primary driver of the vette only, without me on the vette's list. Any info on State Farm is appreciated.
Old 11-28-2001, 11:00 PM
LemansBluevert69
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default on the Vette with a 16-24 year old as an occasional driver (mrbeaubo)

I have state farm on the Corvette and my 16 year old son is an occasional driver, it is listed as an occasional driver itself. It was not that much more expensive, i have real good luck with state farm. This same son drives a 1993 Mustang 5.0 and he pays $53 a month, i will check my policy for you and see how much more i pay with him on the plan.
Old 11-28-2001, 11:02 PM
mrbeaubo
Burning Brakes

Default Re: on the Vette with a 16-24 year old as an occasional driver (LemansBluevert69)

So the corvette is your occasional driver, in which you are the primary driver, and your son is an occasional driver on the occasional driver? hehe How much do you pay for the vette in the first place? Also, did you put it as a regular car/classic/antique or what?
Old 11-28-2001, 11:12 PM
LemansBluevert69
Intermediate

Default Re: on the Vette with a 16-24 year old as an occasional driver (mrbeaubo)

The Corvette is "pleasure driver" which means a limited amount of miles per year. I cant recall what i pay for it, as i pay insurance for 7 cars, i will check my policy tomorrow at work to see what i pay.
Old 11-28-2001, 11:14 PM
mrbeaubo
Burning Brakes

Default Re: on the Vette with a 16-24 year old as an occasional driver (LemansBluevert69)

Alright thanks, anyone else have any info?
Old 11-29-2001, 08:22 PM
Cookwithvette
Burning Brakes

Default Re: on the Vette with a 16-24 year old as an occasional driver (mrbeaubo)

Well, I'm 20 and rectently got my own 'vette. (What a first car. :) ) I use State Farm for insurance and it runs me a little more than $300 for six months. This is my own policy with just the 'vette. Best way to get accurate info is talk to your agent. Mine was very accomidating and was willing to work with me to find the least expensive way to do it.

./matt
Old 11-29-2001, 08:33 PM
Corz
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: on the Vette with a 16-24 year old as an occasional driver (Cookwithvette)

My Vette is registered and insured in my fathers name. but when he insured the car with hagerty, he asked to have all available drivers on the policy and the card had my mothers name.. no trace of me being on the policy. I pay a little under 150 a year or limited mileage and pleasure drives.. When i wrecked, both me and my dad thought the car wouldnt be covered cuz i was behind the wheel (even tho the car is mine). The insurance agent asked if i was a licenced driver in my state and thats all it was to it. the car was covered along with me behind the wheel. so thats something to think about.
Old 11-29-2001, 08:36 PM
mrbeaubo
Burning Brakes

Default Re: on the Vette with a 16-24 year old as an occasional driver (Corzvette69)

So he didn't list you as a driver on Hagerty's? But when you wrecked it, it was covered?
Old 11-29-2001, 08:51 PM
Corz
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran

i was listed, but we didnt know, so i kinda limited my driving in the car.. because hagerty says 5 years of legal driving experience for a policy.. well i guess that seeing how its in my dads name, I can drive it.. as long as i dont wreck it again..
Old 11-29-2001, 09:05 PM
mrbeaubo
Burning Brakes

Default Re: on the Vette with a 16-24 year old as an occasional driver (Corzvette69)

Ha, but did you have to have your own daily driver? did everyone? Your mom? brother?
Old 11-30-2001, 04:05 PM
roger68
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My son is 20 years old and lives with me. My '68 is my daily driver and my son has two vehicles of his own and all of them are insured with State Farm. I pay extra for him to be an occasional driver of my car. I don't remember the exact amount, but it's about $30 or $35 per month. He very rarely drives the car (maybe once or twice a year), but I had to do it because he's in the same household and I don't mess around when it comes to insurance coverage - to much at risk.

Roger

Get notified of new replies

To State Farm Insurance - Policies on the Vette with a 16-24 year old as an occasional driver

Quick Reply: State Farm Insurance - Policies on the Vette with a 16-24 year old as an occasional driver