C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New '69 registry...update info

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 09:34 PM
rainman69
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New '69 registry...update info

Hey all, if you saw my post last night about maintaining a '69 registry that is a lot like the '70 registry (in fact, until I have more time to customize it more, the register form looks a lot like the form to the '70 registry...thanks in advance Juliet... :) )

Well, lets just say, I want the power of MS to do all the work for me, so, all I have done at this point is the register page...but the registry is currently managed in an Access XP database. I'll build the display page(s) soon, and I'm testing them on my new Windows XP box. The only problem so far...I need IIS + FP2000 extensions to run this...I sit behind a firewall that is pretty impregnable... So, for now, I can just test it and tell you it works great...but I hope to have it hosted somewhere soon.

If anyone has some space on a server that is IIS 5.0 + FrontPage Extensions, I'd love to borrow a little space until I graduate and can host it on my home computer.

:smash:
Old 11-28-2001, 10:22 PM
A C
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: New '69 registry...update info (rainman69)

What about asking Troy? He is usually pretty helpful as long as it's Corvette related. :yesnod:

AC
Old 11-29-2001, 03:31 AM
rainman69
Drifting

Default Re: New '69 registry...update info (A C)

I'll have to do that. Especially since it's time to test it out to see how it's working... :smash:
Old 11-29-2001, 03:34 PM
69classchass
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi David,
I develop commercial software for companies that want to market their products on the internet(aka shopping carts..ASP in my case). All packages require MS Access or SQL, DB's to be running.. I encourage all my clients to use My host's servers. These servers are State and constantly upgraded. Most are 2000 servers, all have the latest MS components at their core , iis , fully FP integrated..all the latest and greatest.
They are located in Capistrano Beach, Ca. http://www.nextmill.net/
By the way They dont cut my paycheck, They do process My commercial code very well so Im merely recomending them..

Much success there in Colo. Springs..
Tom

PS..
Your probably allready aware of this , But, XP pro has IIS components built in. XP home does not, PWS ect will only run on The Pro Version.

[Modified by 69classchass, 2:36 PM 11/29/2001]

[Modified by 69classchass, 2:43 PM 11/29/2001]
Old 11-29-2001, 03:50 PM
rainman69
Drifting

Default Re: New '69 registry...update info (69classchass)

I've got XP Pro :D and I'm checking out your recommendation now... :smash:
Old 11-29-2001, 04:12 PM
rainman69
Drifting

They look good and I like the first month free deal...I signed up. We'll see if it all gets setup today...and then I can announce that it's open for initial testing and whatnot. So far, on my test machine it's working great. With some more time, I can probably even build a search. Sorry for saying this (all you hard core notepad HTML coders (I used to be that way)), but FrontPage XP is a wonderful design tool...especially coupled with Windows XP Pro and Office XP Enterprise. I've had 0 crashes since upgrading...

But back on subject: If this works out as hoped, I'll be up and running ASAP with a preliminary 1969 Registry (that asks the same questions as Juliet's 1970 Registry...and you can leave anything blank that you don't want people to know or don't have/know yourself). It's not too pretty yet, but I will keep working and soon, have it posted. :smash:
Old 11-29-2001, 10:52 PM
rainman69
Drifting

It should be live Sunday. I'll keep updates flowing. I'm now in the process of making it pretty, now that it is functional. :smash:
Old 11-29-2001, 11:43 PM
69classchass
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:cool:
Cant wait to see what going on with it all :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To New '69 registry...update info

Quick Reply: New '69 registry...update info