C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any turbo C3 s out there ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 08:48 PM
PQTIII
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any turbo C3 s out there ?

Sense my engine is relatively new (rebuilt 76 L-82) a stroker would be a little impracticall right now. So I was thinking maybe coming up with a turbo setup for it this spring. Any creative guys/gays out there that has tackle the turbo yet?
Old 11-28-2001, 08:51 PM
Monty
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Any turbo C3 s out there ? (PQTIII)

hehehe. Give me till the end of February, and you'll have dyno results of an intercooled, twin turbocharged SBC 427. Turbochargers and wastegates come this Friday. Car is scheduled to get the headers, exhaust and intercooler made first of January.
Old 11-28-2001, 09:10 PM
Shutdown1
Instructor

Default Re: Any turbo C3 s out there ? (Monty)

My Vette is turbocharged. Can't tell you much about it since it was on the car when I bought it. My opinion on the turbo set up is that it's pretty much just extra baggage, since the car is already extremely fast and powerful even before "kicking in" the turbo. It's one more way Vette owners push their cars to the limits, though, so if that's your bag, go for it. Regards.

'74 Turbocharged 350, "Molested to Perfection" , class of '71
Old 11-28-2001, 09:22 PM
PQTIII
Heel & Toe

Monty,saw your web site, you have way too much time and money on your hands. What in the world are you going to do with 1000++ HPs? Very nice though. ANy pictures of the turbo setup?

Shut down, I don't really want to get rid of my car, but want more power, who doesn't. Thought about buying a later 90,s Vette and building on it. But since I've sand blasted every nut,bolt, and washer on my car, besides it's finished and most of all paid for. Sounds like you don't like your torbo setup. I can give you my address and you can ship me your turbo. That way you won't be "pushing your" your car anymore. Just think of the money that I'll be saving you on over stressed parts!!! Have any pictures of your engine setup??
Old 11-28-2001, 10:46 PM
Monty
Le Mans Master

PQTIII,

I should start getting pictures of my project this coming weekend, as the turbos and wastegates arrive from Precision Trubo. My car is scheduled to go into the chassis shop to have the headers, intercooler, and exhaust fabricated the first week of January. As for what I'm going to do with it - I'll just cruise around in my ultra-conservative town looking for other social deviants, hanging out at the local muscle car cruise in on Friday evenings, and hit the strip a few times a year. Ohter than that, when the work days get to me, I'll just head out to the garage, lift the hood, and admire the engineering, craftmanship, and shiney things over a bottle of beer.
Old 11-28-2001, 10:50 PM
Shutdown1
Instructor

Mr. (PDQIII),

I'll take you some photos of my turbo set-up. It may take a couple of days but I'll get you some. I still say what's the point of adding more power when the car will already do "wheelies" as it is? Thank you for wanting to save me money on "stressed parts," but I think I'll hold off on shipping you the turbo. Regards

'74 Turbocharged 350, "Molested to Perfection" class of '71
Old 11-28-2001, 11:00 PM
Jester69Stingray
Pro

Default Re: Any turbo C3 s out there ? (Shutdown1)

I still say what's the point of adding more power when the car will already do "wheelies" as it is?
You can never have too much power. At least thats my thinking. Why not supercharge instead of turbocharge if you looking for more power. Its much simpler from what i understand. :cheers:
Old 11-28-2001, 11:05 PM
Monty
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Any turbo C3 s out there ? (Jester69Stingray)

But not as efficient, reliable, or powerful (in the long run).
Old 11-28-2001, 11:19 PM
PQTIII
Heel & Toe

Shutdown, I would really appreciate the pictures. I really want to do it for the challange and the fact that all I do now is admire my car, wash, and drive it. I miss the wrench throwing and abusive language. You're welcome for the offer, just thought I would try. You know helps us both out.

Jester, from what I've read the turbo is way more efficient than the power robbing superchargers. I'm looking to build a carbed turbo setup too. I have a few buddies that turbod their Mustangs with carbs. They seem to be having good luck with them. Had a twin turbo setup lined out for my Mustang but I decided to extend my garage 24 feet, you know so I can stack more things in there!!
Old 11-29-2001, 06:21 PM
Shutdown1
Instructor

Mr PDQ III,

Will take some photos of my turbo-set up over the weekend and e-mail them to you. Since you like "wrench throwing and abusive language," maybe I can get you to work on my car for free......... Regards

'74 Turbocharge 350, "Molested to Pefection", class of '71
Old 11-29-2001, 10:39 PM
84fieroburton
Advanced

can you just put a supercharger on? or do you have to get better pistons and crank and stuff to be safe ? :confused:

Get notified of new replies

To Any turbo C3 s out there ?

Quick Reply: Any turbo C3 s out there ?