Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For Sale 77 Corvette - Greatly Reduced Price

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 12:00 PM
moschdog
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale 77 Corvette - Greatly Reduced Price

CAR HAS BEEN SOLD - - - THANK YOU TO ALL INTERESTED

I've been on this forums a few times with a half intention of selling my 77 corvette. Said and done, I had it up for sale for around $12,000 and didn't get any serious offers. An investment opportunity has come up for me and I need to get rid of this car. I live in Scottsdale Arizona and have owned this car for just over a year. It sits in the garage and is driven about once a week. The car has approximately 60,000 miles on it. Listed below is the information I was provided when I purchased the car. I can't get very technical, but all I know is this car has no problem going on weekend rides up the mountain to Flagstaff (an extremely high elevevation change). This car has never overheated and can be driven without babying it. The tires themselves are still so new that the rubber nubs haven't even been worn off the sides. The price I'm asking really is an incredible deal for the condition of the car. I'm keeping it low to reduce the effort involved with selling it, as well as making this a quick sale.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. This car is being sold AS IS - WHERE IS. Please no offers from Canada, as previous offers from there turned out to be scams. I will only except a cashiers check from a bank of my choice.

Thank You - Please us PM for initial Contact

*Welcome tips from other forum members for making this car a quick sale, as well as opinions on my pricing. Thank you guys.

Asking Price: $7,850

Year: 1977
Miles: 63,516 (less than 500 miles on rebuild)
Color: Black
Engine: Rebuilt L48 to L82 Specs.
Numbers: Matching Numbers
Paint: New - 1 year old (Black) (paint really is in beautiful condition)
Replaced: Weather Stripping, New Carpets, New Vinyl seats, new door panels, New headlight actuator pods, New Corvette Alloy wheels, new power booster, master cylinder, transmission fully serviced new vacuum modulator.
Body Panels: Original
Exhaust: Flowmaster Dual Exhuast with dual Cats (This car sounds absolutely incredible, the flowmasters are the most agressive racing series they have)

Last edited by moschdog; 01-22-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:08 PM
c3srule
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice ride! Sorry to hear about your bad experience with a Canadian buyer. You should be able to sell quickly at that price. Good luck!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Tim H
Safety Car

Received 103 Likes on 69 Posts

DEAL OF THE YEAR SO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 04:57 PM
jld
Cruising

Hi Moschdog,

This is my first post so, please let me introduce myself :

I'm from Belgium (europe) and french speaking, so, please accept all my apologies for any English's mistake... but it isn't my native language. My firstname is jean-luc.

I could be interested in your car (color,year,... are what I'm looking for)
Are there additional pics (undercarriage, ....) just to have a better idea, because it's not an easy thing to buy a car thru the internet.

For the money I can easily understand your position (no cash no car). On the other hand I suppose you could understand mine (pay for a car you could never see).

But I think there is a solution (http://www.buyerservicesinternational.com/). They can :
-check the car and send me a full report about the car (3th party and paid by me)
-Arrange payement : I pay to their bank account, and then they give you the cash and pick-up the car
-Organize shipping (my problem).

On top of this this can be fast (they say ....).

If you think this can be a solution, could you please send me additional pics to avoid having to pay fee to these guys without being really interested

Jean-Luc

NB : If someone has some experience with this kind of service, let me know .... thx
Old 01-08-2008, 05:00 PM
jld
Cruising

I'm stupid ... lets say a little bit tired (11PM here).

My email : jluc.detry@scarlet.be
Old 01-08-2008, 05:01 PM
VETTE-DUDE
Drifting

Very nice..
Old 01-08-2008, 05:08 PM
moschdog
Heel & Toe

Default In Reply to JLD

I apologize, but I will not be dealing with any individuals outside of the US. Not to get to sinical, but I am a Financial Risk Analyst for a large US bank. I've seen more Auto based fraud then imaginable. Because of this, I will only except payment by way of certified funds from the bank of my choice.

I am sorry if this is an inconvenience to any interested party located out of the country.

ps - - I appreciate the comments from all the other members!
Old 01-08-2008, 05:28 PM
jld
Cruising

Thanks for your reply.

I can understand your position, this is your choice

I would also appreciate the comments from other members.

I don't want to lose my time searching for a vette in the US if I can't buy it on a secure way (for both parties).

JL
Old 01-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Bowtyeguy
Le Mans Master

Received 513 Likes on 354 Posts

I have sold a car to Denmark this year, its not a problem at all. The hardest part is trust. I opened a new account with my bank, had the money wired into that account and had my person at the bank call as soon as the transfer went in. I then took the money and moved it to another account on line. The trick is that the people overseas have to set up a shipping agent(he did) and send them the money. They cash it in their account and WIRE ONLY the money into your account. They can and will send out an inspection service and at that time the can verify that you own the car and the title is clear in your name. Both sides are safe and no chances of getting ripped off.

Last edited by Bowtyeguy; 01-08-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:51 PM
04 GTO 2 Vette
Intermediate

Default Question

I don't post here much but I have been looking for a vette. From a C6 (Base model), C5 Hardtop (00), or a nice C3. The 77 didn't have squat for power but 77 is the year I was born and thought it would be cool to own one.

Can you tell me the VIN #?
Why are you selling?
How long you owned the car?
What issues does it currently have?
Paperwork?
How many owners?
Reason for selling?
Any leaks? I noticed on the driveway some possible leaks.
Who did the work to the Vette?

I do know someone in AZ that can take a look at the car if everything checks out and deliver cash in hand.

Thank you! Please PM me your contact information.

FranK
Old 01-08-2008, 11:09 PM
selecw
Heel & Toe

PM sent
Old 01-08-2008, 11:35 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,358 Likes on 2,786 Posts

Originally Posted by moschdog
. Not to get to sinical, but I am a Financial Risk Analyst for a large US bank. I've seen more Auto based fraud then imaginable. Because of this, I will only except payment by way of certified funds
You are not being too cynical. There is more fraud than imaginable. I would be very careful as to what I would accept as well.

I've been involved in financial crime for years and your caution is well-founded.

I have found that wire transfers could be the best way to handle transactions like this, especially with great distance involved.

Good luck, at that price I'm surprised the car isn't gone yet.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:37 AM
lockmart
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heck of a deal, if it were closer I'd buy it even though I wasn't planning on a C3 for quite some time (to go with my C5). Good luck, I'm sure it will sell quickly.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:29 AM
Spocc
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

i'm from Canada & bought my 80 from Ohio , last January 2007 & i didn't scam anyone.

my tip would be chill-out & don't paint everyone with the same brush.

Last edited by Spocc; 01-09-2008 at 01:32 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:34 AM
dcarr
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Default 77 for sale

Consider it sold, check you PM's, thanks
Old 01-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Linas
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jld
Thanks for your reply.

I can understand your position, this is your choice

I would also appreciate the comments from other members.

I don't want to lose my time searching for a vette in the US if I can't buy it on a secure way (for both parties).

JL
There are some nice Vettes in Europe as well. You can check www.mobile.de or www.autoscout24.de for some nice deals much closer to Belgium. I am from Europe as well. However, I took my 1973 from US, as there were no choice of this year cars in Europe at that time. Good luck with your search!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:17 AM
moschdog
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by 04 GTO 2 Vette
I don't post here much but I have been looking for a vette. From a C6 (Base model), C5 Hardtop (00), or a nice C3. The 77 didn't have squat for power but 77 is the year I was born and thought it would be cool to own one.

Can you tell me the VIN #?
Why are you selling?
How long you owned the car?
What issues does it currently have?
Paperwork?
How many owners?
Reason for selling?
Any leaks? I noticed on the driveway some possible leaks.
Who did the work to the Vette?

I do know someone in AZ that can take a look at the car if everything checks out and deliver cash in hand.

Thank you! Please PM me your contact information.

FranK

Thank you for your interest:

- The Vin is: 1Z37L7S431782 (you wont be able to get a history report due to the age of the vehicle)
- I am selling because I feel the housing market is at a great time to buy a investment property (interest rates will be dropping below 6 percent). Plus I'm 24 years old and need to start saving for grad school which is starting in approximately one year. In addition, I travel heavily for work and just don't have the time to enjoy it.
- I have owned the car for just over 1 year
- The only issues I know about is 1) an extremely small oil leak that I really haven't been able to find the cause off and 2) since the cold weather, the headlights are having trouble staying up. I think it's a cracked vacuum tube.
-Paperwork, if your referring to original car documents, I do not have those. If your referring to title, I financed the car and the title documentation is at the bank.
-Amount of owners: From what I was told, the car has had 3 previous owners before me. The last owner just fixes up cars and sells them.
-Reason for selling, addressed above
- Minor leak mentioned above, in the picture that is definitely not an oil leak, that would be a problem! That is water that didn't evaporate after washing the car.
- Work on the car was completed by Hennessy's Automotive in Santa Clara California. I actually bought the car from Mike Henessy. Yes, Henessy as in his family is involved with the Henessy Viper. The guy had a 2,000 square foot garage in his house with about 50 cars he was selling.

Thank You for your interest

Get notified of new replies

To For Sale 77 Corvette - Greatly Reduced Price

Old 01-09-2008, 04:59 PM
moschdog
Heel & Toe

Default Update

I would like to update everyone to the current status of this car:

Per forum rules, the first individual who responds is given first rights in the purchase, so that is the order that I am going in.

I currently have one individual (the first to PM me yesterday) indicating they would like to purchase the car. I have given them to the end of this week to wire me a $500 deposit to my account. If I receive the deposit, the car will be sold (hopefully).

If this offer is not legitimate (I hope that is not the case), the next individual who is in line to purchase the vehicle is forum member "Dcarr". I will keep everyone up to date. in addition, I found some extra pictures of the car that really show off the paint job! My god, after looking at these pictures, it is really getting hard to go through with this!

Old 01-09-2008, 06:44 PM
TomG3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I sure wish I could find that quality of car for sale near Savannah. Especially at that price

Looks great. I hope the transaction goes through smoothly for you.

Tom
Old 01-10-2008, 12:06 AM
luvracingcars
Intermediate

Default offer from canada

Holy crap, I sure hope your comment about the offer from Canada being a scam wasn't because of me. I was very serious about buying your car, I still am actually. You asked me how I would be paying for it and I said the best way was by a bank wire transfer from my bank to yours. I did not want to carry that much cash, I am sure you can understand why. I never heard back from you. Wire transfers are the best way to do it, your bank confirms with my bank that the funds have been deposited, doesn't get any easier than that. Let me know if the other deals do not go through, still very interested.

Quick Reply: For Sale 77 Corvette - Greatly Reduced Price