Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Nissan GTR vs. Z06 Ring time Analysis

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Corvette1221
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan GTR vs. Z06 Ring time Analysis

Guys,

Before you go hating me for posting this, let me just say that I have a Z06 2006 Corvette and love the car. I just noticed that many people have been saying how the lap time on the Nissan GTR is bogus. So I found this, thought you might find it interesting.

Why am I posting this, because I am a car enthusiast and I love all cars. Though I don't think I would ever buy the GTR I am surprised by its performance.

Knowing many others that bought the Corvette Z06 like myself appreciate performance as well, so I thought you might find this interesting.

It has a lot of detail, perhaps other members of this forum can decrypt it.

Nissan GTR- Lap analysis.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/87...light=corvette
Old 01-07-2008, 12:10 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

very impartial crowd there

Chevrolet (a **** brand if there ever was one, yet you can see the halo effect of the Corvette, especially as its gotten to be a good car) prepping their ZR-1.
We will call it even as I think the same about the GTR and all the junk from his country Korea where they allow just about zero imported vehicles.

Last edited by John Shiels; 01-07-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:04 AM
vtecnitian
Instructor

Originally Posted by Corvette1221
Guys,

Before you go hating me for posting this, let me just say that I have a Z06 2006 Corvette and love the car. I just noticed that many people have been saying how the lap time on the Nissan GTR is bogus. So I found this, thought you might find it interesting.

Why am I posting this, because I am a car enthusiast and I love all cars. Though I don't think I would ever buy the GTR I am surprised by its performance.

Knowing many others that bought the Corvette Z06 like myself appreciate performance as well, so I thought you might find this interesting.

It has a lot of detail, perhaps other members of this forum can decrypt it.

Nissan GTR- Lap analysis.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/87...light=corvette
the nissan eng was quoted saying they used cut slicks for the test also.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:07 AM
blitzu
Racer

That's great and all but it still doesn't explain how a 3800 pound 480 HP car out handles, is faster, and supposedly better than a carrera GT and every other sports car out there. All BS if you ask me.... can't everyone just wait so that when this pig car gets to the states we will finally all know just how much BS is taking place here.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:15 AM
vegasdude
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol..................maybe the 3800 lbs and the horsepower ratings are not the correct ones...............
Old 01-07-2008, 01:20 AM
Mercennarius
Advanced

Originally Posted by vtecnitian
the nissan eng was quoted saying they used cut slicks for the test also.
No he wasnt. There was only ONE source that claimed that...and they later changed it. Nissan has been quoted numerous times saying the car was using factory tires and was a production car.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:21 AM
Mercennarius
Advanced

Originally Posted by blitzu
That's great and all but it still doesn't explain how a 3800 pound 480 HP car out handles, is faster, and supposedly better than a carrera GT and every other sports car out there. All BS if you ask me.... can't everyone just wait so that when this pig car gets to the states we will finally all know just how much BS is taking place here.
there have been two independent dynos of the car in Japan thus far....both show the car is actually making about 480WHP at the wheels rather then the crank. In other words its pretty under rated. Not to mention its supreme gearing + AWD+ transmission setup give it an almost seamless power band.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:22 AM
vtecnitian
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mercennarius
No he wasnt. their was only ONE source that claimed that...and they later changed it. Nissan has been quoted numerous times saying the car was using factory tires and was a production car.
actually it has been quoted more than once . and there is also a vid of them changing the tires ill try to find it and post it. iam gtr fan but the truth needs to be told sorry
Old 01-07-2008, 01:23 AM
vtecnitian
Instructor

there have been two independent dynos of the car in Japan thus far....both show the car is actually making about 480WHP at the wheels rather then the crank. In other words its pretty under rated. Not to mention its supreme gearing + AWD+ transmission setup give it an almost seamless power band.
its been done on dynopacks, last time i checked you need wheels to drive around.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:25 AM
Mercennarius
Advanced

actually it has been quoted more than once . and there is also a vid of them changing the tires ill try to find it and post it. iam gtr fan but the truth needs to be told sorry
All restating one source...pistonheads.co.uk. And what does a tire change have to do with it??? They went through tons of tires during testing....all the same production run flat.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:26 AM
Mercennarius
Advanced

its been done on dynopacks, last time i checked you need wheels to drive around.
Dynapacks, and the difference is "up to" 5% optimistic compared to a traditional wheel dyno. That still puts the car at more WHP then the Z06.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:28 AM
vtecnitian
Instructor

Dynapacks, and the difference is "up to" 5% optimistic compared to a traditional wheel dyno. That still puts the car at more WHP then the Z06.
i actually dynod my s2000 on a dynapack stock and made 228whp took it to a dyno jet and made 202whp pretty big difference to me.and even if it did make more whp its still 3800 pounds which its trap speed has already shown and that which launch control and paddel shifters. and when edmunds did the 1/4 test it did it in japan which uses higher octane levels than the us does making cars a bit more powerfull over there.

Last edited by vtecnitian; 01-07-2008 at 01:32 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:29 AM
MostWanted
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even if it does prove to be a little faster than the Z06, it is definately not as easy to look at as the Vette. It catches your eye, but not for the right reasons in my opinion.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:30 AM
Mercennarius
Advanced

i actually dynod my s2000 on a dynapack stock and made 228whp took it to a dyno jet and made 202whp pretty big difference to me
There are other factors that could of played into that as well, such as air temp. The dynapack #s of the GTR explain why it is as fast as it is at 3800lbs...
Old 01-07-2008, 01:33 AM
Mercennarius
Advanced

Originally Posted by TorchRedXCVI
Even if it does prove to be a little faster than the Z06, it is definately not as easy to look at as the Vette. It catches your eye, but not for the right reasons in my opinion.

I believe the Z06 and GTR will best eachother in different areas. Car looks good to me:

Old 01-07-2008, 01:34 AM
vtecnitian
Instructor

so when the US version hits we will see what is actually packing.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:37 AM
Mercennarius
Advanced

and even if it did make more whp its still 3800 pounds which its trap speed has already shown and that which launch control and paddel shifters. and when edmunds did the 1/4 test it did it in japan which uses higher octane levels than the us does making cars a bit more powerfull over there.
Magazines have trapped 121MPH in the GTR thus far....magazines have not trapped much faster with a Z06. You can not compare a GTRs magazine time to a Z06 owners personal claimed time.

Japan uses a different octane rating system...when converted to ours it actually works out to be about the same. And running higher octane with out increasing boost/timing will REDUCE power.

Get notified of new replies

To Nissan GTR vs. Z06 Ring time Analysis

Old 01-07-2008, 01:37 AM
vtecnitian
Instructor

[QUOTE=Mercennarius;1563505038]I believe the Z06 and GTR will best eachother in different areas. Car looks good to me:

QUOTE]
yeap but stock to stock to z06 got the edge in my book. just like the nsx had the edge on the r32-34 stock to stock.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Mercennarius
Advanced

so when the US version hits we will see what is actually packing.
Other then the driving position and the "Carwings" option the GTR has in Japan the cars are going to be identical.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:40 AM
vtecnitian
Instructor

Magazines have trapped 121MPH in the GTR thus far....magazines have not trapped much faster with a Z06. You can not compare a GTRs magazine time to a Z06 owners personal claimed time.

Japan uses a different octane rating system...when converted to ours it actually works out to be about the same. And running higher octane with out increasing boost/timing will REDUCE power.
iam not comparing owners personal times iam comparing their own times with the z06 which apparently edmunds can't drive.

Quick Reply: Nissan GTR vs. Z06 Ring time Analysis