C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ruined for other vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 07:40 AM
rrent
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ruined for other vehicles

I've been getting my '72 Blazer ready for winter (what there is of it here in central Texas) driving. Repaired, painted and installed the fiberglass top (been running a canvas top), painted the interior and installed new seats, replaced a couple of steering parts.

Drove it the last couple of days can't help but notice - its not fast like the Vette, doesn't stop quickly like the Vette, doesn't go around corners like the Vette - I have to remember which side of the gas pump to pull up on, guys in Vettes give me that "what's a Blazer guy doing waving at me" look - did I mention its not as fast as the Vette.

Can't keep my mind from thinking just how many goodies I could buy for the Vette if I sold the Blazer (been offered an honest $6,500.00 for it).

Going to put a new amp in it today, and since its real rainy and real cold - I'm sure I'll appreciate having the Vette tucked warmly in my garage - but I'm afraid all future vehicle purchases will have to be Vettes.
Old 11-28-2001, 07:50 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: ruined for other vehicles (rrent)

Your're right, your Blazer may not be as fast as your Vette, but you can't back over mail boxes, jump curbs without feeling a thing, rip out shopping cart retuns with your bumber and shine your lights into the interior of the car infront of you (making the driver run for cover) with your Vette. :lol: :lol:
Old 11-28-2001, 08:41 AM
lbell101
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh Man - I do that same wave thing when I'm in other cars too.
I sure feel stupid when I get that look and realize I'm not in the Vette!
Old 11-28-2001, 08:42 AM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There is life without a vette. I drive a dodge ram 4X4 and it can do alot of things my vet can't. I am glad my vet is tucked away in the garage, on blocks, covered up with it's rear end tore out.
I can't go off roading with my vet, pick up loads of mulch, top soil, pull my horse trailer, buck big snow drifts and just don't give a dam about the wet roads.
Yes I am glad to be driving something else now and there are alot of other future vechiles in my life.

Get notified of new replies

To ruined for other vehicles

Quick Reply: ruined for other vehicles