C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RPM Transmissions : Simply the *BEST* Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 04:01 PM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================== Houston, Texas www.englandgreen.com ================== Necessary Evil™ __________
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Default RPM Transmissions : Simply the *BEST* Customer Service

Massive props to RPM Transmissions in Indiana. TJ & Rodney of RPM went WAY above and well beyond in their customer service. Outstanding outfit!!!!

Here's the story : I ordered a RPM Level IV 4L60E & RPM 2400 stall for one of my customers in early December 2007.

RPM shut down for the Christmas holiday from Dec 14th thru January 2nd.

The trans arrived quickly (on Wednesday Dec 18th) and scheduled my customer to come in Dec 21st.

On Dec 20 - still no stall arrived, so called TJ of RPM and asked if they could overnight the stall as my customer wanted his car completed before Christmas.

No problem - Friday Dec 21st, stall arrives via overnight UPS

Get everything swapped on Friday, fire it up and there is a major leak where the torque tube meets the trans.

Back on the lift and a quick call to RPM. TJ suggests it might be a bad front seal. No worries, I'll just pull it back out on Saturday Dec 22nd, change the seal and throw that bad boy back together and get my customer on his merry way.

New seal from NAPA on Sat morning, tranny and stall back out, swap seal, check everything is copacetic, and get everything back together. Refill with trans fluid - and the leak is the same! Bummer.

Call TJ on his cellphone and he says to me "I'm on vacation in Melbourne, FL - I'll come down on Monday and have a look at it". Monday - is Christmas Eve!!!!! Talk about crazy customer service!!!! Wow!

On Sunday Dec 23rd, I pull the drivetrain back out.

TJ comes down to the shop on Monday Dec 24th and performs a low pressure air test on the torque converter. It passes, so he investigates the RPM transmission itself and diagnoses the problem as a possible front pump hairline crack on the transmission front pump.

TJ gets ready - on Christmas Eve - to perform major surgery - and pull apart the old transmission and use the front pump from that and put it in the new RPM transmission.

Again - what can I say??? On Christmas Eve whie he is on vacation! Awesome!!

Turns out I didn't have the specialty tools needed to strip the old and new 4L60E down to swap the pump, so TJ gets on the phone to Rodney and Rodney decides to send me another new transmission - and get this - he will go into the shop the day after Christmas and build it!!!!

True to his word, Rodney builds me a new tranny on December 26th and it is in my shop on Friday December 28th, bright and early. 2 day freight at Christmas time - free of charge!!!!

On with the new tranny, on with the diff, stall, torque tube etc. Install, fill, fire up... it still leaks!!!!

Quick call to TJ (who, I might add, is still on vacation!!!). All that's left is the stall - so a new one will be ordered on January 2nd, as Precision are also closed.

January 3rd, new stall arrives - again - overnight at no charge!! On with the stall, torquetube etc. Fill, fire it up - no leaks!!! Success!!!

Customer was present for most of this drama and met TJ at my shop - he is very appreciative of all that TJ and Rodney have done - well above and beyond - to make him a happy camper.

RPM Transmissions : Simply the BEST!! Thanks again to TJ and Rodney!

Stephen
Old 01-04-2008, 04:33 PM
vsocks1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! I am impressed!
Old 01-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Plasticfan
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That's about as good as it gets in the customer service department.
If I ever need any trans stuff I know where I'm going.
Love to see this kind of post.

Kudos to RPM.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:34 PM
0rodney@rpmtransmissions
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Stephen I am glad that you were able to get the customer back on the road. The good thing is you now have a spare RPM Level IV on the shelf.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:34 PM
mrm1149
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Absolutely incredible. This is one of many reasons for their reputation... They give a da*n and prove it
Old 01-04-2008, 05:38 PM
JeepTJ
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Just can’t think Stephen and TJ enough for all they did over the holidays. Vette is running great. New Stage IV A4 with RPM’s 2400 stall converter is Awesome.
I can’t believe Stephen did not post any pics in this thread. So I will help him out.

Stephen installing the soon to be called DEMON converter.

TJ at the shop on Christmas eve.

Stephen arriving at the shop. I must have been early.

Christmas dinner at my house. For those of you up north, this is on the screen porch. Temp in the mid 70’s. Notice the bottles in front of Stephen.

Another new Transmision. Again shipped the day after Christmas from RPM. And they were closed untill Jan 2.

The customer support from Englandgreen and RPM was over the top. Many thanks to Stephen and TJ for getting my Vette back on the road. And better then new.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:09 PM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts

Default Here is my story

They are just damn good. They had mine built and back before I had time to even get excited about it. Great company, and thanks again to Robz* for the recommendation !!
Pit-man
Old 01-04-2008, 10:16 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default me too

They made shipping very easy, found me a terminal locally and did all the paper work so all I had to do was give them the printout and they would charge RPM's account for the shipping.

Also very reasonable with pricing. My trans had only 15k mi on it but broken keys in it, so stuck in 4th. The rebuild was only $1000 with upgraded parts (3-4 fork, syncros, keys, bronze pads). For the amount of time it takes to disassemble one of these I'm betting that is very reasonable indeed.

Other vendors have tried to take advantage in a similar situation where a major rebuild is not warranted.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

WOW! Excellent story and a very cool ending! Rodney and his team have ALWAYS been a CLASS ACT!!

Excellent products and superior service! They have any and all service I ever need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Curlee
Old 01-05-2008, 04:25 PM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================== Houston, Texas www.englandgreen.com ================== Necessary Evil™ __________
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
WOW! Excellent story and a very cool ending! Rodney and his team have ALWAYS been a CLASS ACT!!

Excellent products and superior service! They have any and all service I ever need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Curlee
Hey Bill! I'm still waiting for your call...

Old 01-05-2008, 08:59 PM
craig04c5
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Good job Stephen and congrats Fred on your new Trans. Stephen PM sent.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:58 AM
Ikester
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09
NCM Sinkhole Donor

RPM will be my choice of performance trans when its time to swap.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:38 PM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by craig04c5
Good job Stephen and congrats Fred on your new Trans. Stephen PM sent.
It was great seeing you today, Craig
Old 01-08-2008, 04:16 PM
craig04c5
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by EnglandGreen
It was great seeing you today, Craig
It was nice seeing you too Stephen. As usual great job hooking up my LapTrax for me.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:27 PM
gojo
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, they are first rate. Stuff happens to all of us and the measure of a company is how they deal with it. I won't use any other trans.

Get notified of new replies

To RPM Transmissions : Simply the *BEST* Customer Service

Quick Reply: RPM Transmissions : Simply the *BEST* Customer Service